• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Last Weekend for Deer Season

Shads

Default rank <2000 posts Supporter
Slack-jawwed Booger-eatin Redneck
64   0
Reaction score
Who else is excited about this weekend? I would like to say I had a "good" feeling about it but I think it's just excitement for being in the woods. I had good luck late last season and hope it returns again. Anyone else have late season successes?

IMG_0489.jpg

I'm hoping to sneak in a hunt down at my parent's place in Social Circle this weekend. I'm picking up a new M77 in .308 tomorrow and would love to draw blood with it before next season.

I've killed several deer late season but never had much luck on a late big buck. However, some of the biggest bucks I've seen taken in my areas were late season. That's why I never give up, and encourage others not to give up.

I'm hoping to sneak in a hunt down at my parent's place in Social Circle this weekend. I'm picking up a new M77 in .308 tomorrow and would love to draw blood with it before next season.

I've killed several deer late season but never had much luck on a late big buck. However, some of the biggest bucks I've seen taken in my areas were late season. That's why I never give up, and encourage others not to give up.
Before last year I always had a deer or 2 in the cooler so I never hunted Christmas or later. I learned last year after my boy being born and a few days in the hospital that late season hunting is big opportunity for good bucks. Hunt food sources. They are rebuilding from the run down of rut.

Reactions: MRH
Late season has been good to me. I've killed more good bucks late season than I have during the rut. Should have had my best ever about a week ago, but I blew the shot.

I'll be in the stand with crossbow Sat morning, Sun morning and Sun evening if the weather hold up. Calling for rain here Sunday but it's been bounding around from Sat evening to Sun so we will just see when the time comes. I put the last two down that I needed to fill the freezer last Sun morning, so anything I am able to get this weekend will just be a bonus.

Back
Top Bottom