• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Late night rant at my own stupidity

The Bandit

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
112   0
Reaction score
Ok so iv been having alot of car issues lately. Nothing major and iv been fixing them one by one. Well one of the ongoing problems has been my rear brake/turn signal lights. Pretty much iv always had problems with blown bulbs and such but now I have replaced all the bulbs and fuses and nothing. My cars turn signal /hazard lights are part of my trunk and do not work at all. Front ones do, rear ones no. Anywho, I read online that sometimes its a problem in the steering column with your hazard lights switch. I dont know how but I read it on one of those "ask a mechanic" sites that if you spray alittle wd-40 and work the switch alittle, then maybe my rear lights would work again. This made sense to me as I knew most of them were working until I had to use my hazard lights for the first time in a really long time. Well my dumb ass believed it. So I tried it and got no results of course. This was at like 1 AM because I was to excited to wait till morning. Well I take a shower and get into bed when I hear my horn going off in one loud CONTINUOUS blast. I got out and mess with everything and get it to stop. Well I hear it honk a couple of quick times and I think its done. NOPE! starts again and doesnt stop. Well of course my dumb ass doesnt think to simply pull the fuse so I start trying to disconnect the battery....found the socket...NO SOCKET WRENCH ANYWHERE! so I high tail it out of my area because its about 3 in the morning and I knew someone was going to call the cops. I end up at walmart...horn still going strong....go inside to buy a damn wrench...come out.....whatdaya know STILL GOING OFF!! so i ended up in Danas Safety Supply parking lot because for those of you that havent been there, its away from all houses and any business that might be open so i would be alone to deal with this problem. Disconnect the battery, pull up the problem on the iphone, see that i might have f'ed up my clock spring (didnt know that was even a part) and thats the problem and to pull the fuse. At this point i feel like a retard for not thinking of the fuse 45 minutes ago. So I pull the fuse and somewhere along the way cut my finger. not a bad cut, but one of those ones you bump on everything and hurts like a SOB. and of course iv got to be up in 4 hours from now for work and hopefully that stupid part will just dry and i wont need to replace it because ill just go without a damn horn....its not worth the price of replacing to me lol. Anywho, rant over....just wasnt my night....and of course on top of everything only during the times i was out and under the hood did it rain. get in the car, rain stopped. get out, start again. ok, rant over for real this time. that is all.....

Last edited:
I've had trouble with my back lights/turn signal lights and it was the switch under the brake pedal. Good luck finding your trouble.

look familiar?
universaldork.files.wordpress.com_2010_01_gremlins_560_dante.j356b51dadee2329133a12b3f0f9734de.jpg

Their is also a switch in the steering wheel column that controls the rear blinkers and brake lights. Its a booger to get too because you have to pull the airbag, steering wheel etc to get to the switch. The wiring harness that connects to this switch then runs down the steering column and connects under the dash. I dont remember what car you were driving the one time that we met but this could be your problem. Its about a $40 dollar part unless you have radio volume and cruise control buttons on your steering wheel which makes it more expensive. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom