• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Law help

Status
Not open for further replies.
imsoconfused-confused.gif
About what? I’ve made it clear what I’m looking for paid legal advice. Of what we should do. We have never filed for child support and wondering if we even have to go to court by law. I’m in the water too man please don’t be a dick just looking for advice or help

Really need a good lawyer. I spent $3500 on one because of my granddaughter. Would do it again tomorrow if I needed too.
Court for what?

The mom needs to contact GDHS Child support services

They are very helpful especially to the moms
he’s not legitimized. But now wants to see the kids. He’s refused dna test so far

I wasn’t trying to be a dick. I really hope you can get this worked out. It really sucks when kids are involved. Can’t recommend a lawyer nearby. Many times the court is stacked against you. Good luck and I really hope you can come out on top.

A few suggestions, all of which take time and effort. If you aren't willing to put in the time and effort, you WILL wind up with a worse result.

With the current lawyer: Ask for an explanation of the hearing's purpose, what you need to do to be prepared, and whether or not there is any serious legal jeopardy. If you don't get good answers, start looking for a new lawyer.

If you really feel vulnerable to the unknown prior to the hearing, go to the hearing and ask the judge if it can be postponed, because you feel like your lawyer isn't doing a good job and you need to find another lawyer. Just say it plainly. Don't tell a sob story or try to get the judge to understand the specifics. The key issue is: You are entitled to competent legal representation, and if you don't have it, the judge should allow more time for you to get it.

If you are going to change lawyers, you have to INTERVIEW them, like anyone else you might hire for a critical job. Key questions:

1) How much family law experience do you have?
2) How familiar are you with this court and this judge?
3) Can you give me client references to call who will affirm that you are good at this?
4) Describe the outcome you want to the lawyer you are interviewing, and ask that lawyer if it's achievable, and if so, what the process is like to achieve that outcome, and what it will cost for their involvement to get that outcome.

Last, but not least: READ FOR YOURSELF. There are thousands of articles online about family law, child support, custody issues. Many will be specific to Georgia. If you read enough of them, you will start to gain a feel for what this reality looks like, and where you need to focus your fight. Georgia's laws are also online. Yes, sometimes it's a bit hard to read and confusing, but with some practice, you'll start to get the hang of it. Think of it like putting together a China-made tool with a weak owners manual and bad diagrams. It sucks trying to understand it, but it's doable.

Help yourself by working hard to help yourself. No, it's not fair that you have to do this, but this kind of effort is often the difference between success and failure.

Preliminary hearing for what? Yall are going after child support? Why do you not want to go to court?

I guess I missed it

You want a lawyer that practices family law. You are asking for a recommendation for that in and around Newnan, no? Just say that. All the other stuff is gobbledygook that confuses folks who might be able to help. Not being a dick, just being clear.
How more clear could I have been in my first post ? What part wasn’t clear? Besides saying I’m in Newnan the lawyer didn’t have to be in Newnan I was looking for someone who would barter work for guns

How more clear could I have been in my first post ? What part wasn’t clear? Besides saying I’m in Newnan the lawyer didn’t have to be in Newnan I was looking for someone who would barter work for guns

The part about the hearing isn't clear. Why is there a prelimnary hearing? Is your wife suing for child support? Is she suing to remove the dad's rights? Are you named in any part of the legal proceedings?

Every civil court case has a purpose, a plaintiff and a defendant. What is the purpose of this case? Who is the plaintiff (the person who sued)? Who is the defendant?

Zed, we are telling you that what your situation is, as you have told it is as clear as mud

Not a lawyer but have spent time in the courts and with child support services, maybe can help if I knew what you were going to court for

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom