• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Laws pertaining to someone blocking traffic

Whitey

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
21   0
Reaction score
Does anyone know what your rights are once a protestor has blocked traffic? Obviously avoiding conflict is always the best option, but at what point can you just put it in drive and go?
We work in Atlanta alot, or should I say, did. I would like to give my guys direction about what to do if they get caught in one of these spontaneous, peaceful road closures where vehicles and drivers are innocently attacked by peaceful protesters. The image of Reginald Denney is hard to ignore.

Pedestrian has the right of way even if they are jaywalking. I think I would just keep rolling slow enough for them to get out of the way and if they start beating in the windows with a weapon someone will get shot. It is really a no win situation and they know it.

Pedestrian has the right of way even if they are jaywalking. I think I would just keep rolling slow enough for them to get out of the way and if they start beating in the windows with a weapon someone will get shot. It is really a no win situation and they know it.
So if I'm rolling down the road in a safe and legal manner and some idiot decides to dart in front of me it's my fault?

Guys did this the other day and git shot in the head. Wasnt even barely moving but trying to go through protest line. Shotter said he barreled through. Theres i s video on it.

Not a situation anyone wants to be in. Especially now that the "peaceful" protestors are firing guns at fleeing vehicles. Turn around if possible?
Keep a cool head and more importantly, keep your tools with you.

Not sure on the law but pretty sure you can't run people over for blocking traffic unless you're reasonably in fear of your life.

So if I'm rolling down the road in a safe and legal manner and some idiot decides to dart in front of me it's my fault?
Just hope you have witnesses to say there was no way to avoid it. If you are a UGA employee and you hit a student you lose your job regardless of fault. You may even be charged. I am no legal scholar by any means. Just stating opinions like the rest.

I have thought about this too for the last few weeks. Don’t know what to tell my drivers. Fortunately they are not in Atlanta. But it could happen anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom