• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Lead exposure from game meat

MANTRACKER

Default rank <5 posts
New to The Trader!
0   0
Reaction score
Does anyone worry about lead exposure from eating game meat?

https://www.nps.gov/pinn/learn/nature/leadinfo.htm

Example: lead slugs fragment through the body, and not all of it can be retrieved from the wound.

Personally a worrisome experience for me was eating game-bird and I bit down on lead fragment/shot. So this lead sat in the meat in storage allowing long term exposure and was cooked when the meat was fried on the stove allowing it to permeate the meat more.

note: Rifles cant be used in my area, only shotguns/muzzle loaders/archery

Does anyone worry about lead exposure from eating game meat?

https://www.nps.gov/pinn/learn/nature/leadinfo.htm

Example: lead slugs fragment through the body, and not all of it can be retrieved from the wound.

Personally a worrisome experience for me was eating game-bird and I bit down on lead fragment/shot. So this lead sat in the meat in storage allowing long term exposure and was cooked when the meat was fried on the stove allowing it to permeate the meat more.

note: Rifles cant be used in my area, only shotguns/muzzle loaders/archery
You find a lot of interesting things to worry about when your governor won’t let you out of the house, don’t you.

That is one of the most absurd things I have ever heard. Be that the case we all would have been born rē-rē. People have been eating meat with shot in it since the first hunting firearm. You’d think that your grandparents and great grandparents would have been “special”. Put your mask back on, sanitize your hands and become a vegetarian. If your that worried.

My great grandfather was an avid bird hunter. I'm betting he's spit out more shot than I've ever fired. It was a heart attack that killed him and he lived till he was 90. If you are really worried go to steel shot and all copper bullets like Barnes for bigger game.

If you are using lead salts, you might have a problem.

Elemental lead or alloys are not a problem.

Steel shot will break teeth way more often than biting down on lead.

Folks that get shot often carry a bullet with them in their bodies for years because more damage would be done trying to remove it. They do not develop lead poisoning.

Back
Top Bottom