• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Lead Weights

Last time I bought wheel weight lead it was fully processed (melted, fluxed, steel removed) and poured into muffin sized bricks. I paid $1.00 a pound and whatever the cost of the large usps bulk rate box is. I got 60 lbs. Its worth the extra cost to have it processed to me as I'd rather be making bullets than processing the weights. If anyone in my general area has processed wheel weights I'd rather buy from someone local than hundreds of miles away.
its easy to tell the lead weights from the steel/zinc one.... tap them with a knife.... lead is a dead sound and the others ting.

I didn't even look at lead prices for several yrs....I about had a duck when I heard folks paying $1- 1.25 for bullet metal ingots! I must have 2tons made up in "muffins" and "cornbread" . Then there is a stack of lead out back of the garage that has gotta be 3-4 ft high by 8 ft sq.....old sheet lead from bathtub pans. I've got well weights by the buckets full.. And plenty of Linotype and antimony too!

That soft lead from shower pans is carcinogenic, you should get rid of it ASAP.

I scored some telephone company cable sheathing years ago, which is some of the purest lead available due to AT&T requirements,

Back
Top Bottom