• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Leaking sunroof, need shop recommendation

Most likely it’s the drains

There are some rubber tubes that drain from around the sunroof down Thru the A pillar Thru the kick panel and out right behind the front wheel

It’s a pain to blow em out or run some weed eater line Thru them
But it doesn’t cost anything

My expedition used to do that
Till we cleaned em out

Also on our expy if you parked it where the front was uphill it didn’t leak so we did that till I got time to clean em out

Update: I put the hose on the roof after I sealed off the sunroof, and it was still leaking. I found where water was coming in at the top of the windshield. Took it to Canton Glass, and just got it back. He said only a 5-6" area of the top was still glued, the rest had released. The sides and bottom had large gaps that weren't glued anymore.

He said that would definitely allow water to enter lol.

I'm optimistic that my leak issues will be over, but we'll see. I'm still going to check out the drains and have the glass adjusted.

Thanks for all the advice.

DJ

Another update. No leaks from the roof/windshield area, but I am still getting damp carpet after a rain.

The passenger front and rear door seals are fairly flat and worn out. I sprayed it with the hose for several minutes, and when I opened the front door the door seal at the bottom had water inside the top area. It could easily either
A) continue to fill up and spill over into the floorboard or B) make it's way to the seam and enter at that point.

I ordered new seals. Installed the rear yesterday. The new one was night and day over the old one. Old one was very flimsy and flat. Front will arrive Wed.

Back
Top Bottom