Leave stock or hotrod it?

Leave stock or hotrod it?

• Stock

Votes: 38 64.4%
  • Hotrod

Votes: 21 35.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Your 8.2" 10 bolt has a factory standard 3.08 gear ratio...too low numerically for an OD trans.
Tall tires will make that even worse.
A 10 bolt should be strong enough for that engine unless you're running sticky tires and it starts to hook.

Could easily do a 5.3L / L60e swap for under that $3600. Super easy now days and plenty of room to grow later with countless add-ons.

Very little rust on this car. Even the typical door corners and rear window corners rust is not there. Interior is in excellent shape as well.
Well if you buy it and ship it here it will probably come to our port in Brunswick and sit in the AVP lot where all the other cool stuff sits until customs clears it.

This car has the original 10 bolt rear end. I am looking at a guy's 383 with a 700r. Both rebuilt by a shop near Screven and both for $3600. Is it necessary to change out the rear end?
That 10 bolt will likely hold up but that right rear tire will go up in smoke with the torque of the 383 and the 3.06 first gear in that 700r4. Might want to use a non-lockup converter if you keep the 3.08 rear ratio.

Your 8.2" 10 bolt has a factory standard 3.08 gear ratio...too low numerically for an OD trans.
Tall tires will make that even worse.
A 10 bolt should be strong enough for that engine unless you're running sticky tires and it starts to hook.

Could easily do a 5.3L / L60e swap for under that $3600. Super easy now days and plenty of room to grow later with countless add-ons.

Weekend cruiser or daily driver and some fun. No drag strip. I really don't want to have to mess with the rear end. I would want that hotrod sound though.

Need some glass packs and some torque thrust wheels and fat tires all around

Then maybe an LS swap and vintage air AC

Of course you will also need all new suspension bushings and brakes same as any old car
Replace all the rubber flex lines too

And the fuel lines likely need replaced

Nice car
How’s you find one in PR that didn’t rust or get damaged in the hurricane

Back
Top Bottom