• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Leaving Group 4

You can do it! I've made it 17 days smoke free. I'm at the point where my sense of smell is coming back full force...and that is making me want to smoke again. This world we live in doesn't smell good! *edited out three full paragraphs of whining and ranting about how things and especially people reek* ...but it is bearable with gum, patience and will power.

I’m going towards 3 years now without one. It gets a lot easier, I promise. If you needs a reminder on why to quit, simply make a trip to Walmart and see how bad people smell of cigarettes...........then realize that was once you.
No kidding.
I stopped to check on my disabled uncle today that smokes in his house and it about knocked me down when I stepped in.

Early morning attaboy, stay focused, keep it up, don't trip.

****.gif

You can do it! I've made it 17 days smoke free. I'm at the point where my sense of smell is coming back full force...and that is making me want to smoke again. This world we live in doesn't smell good! *edited out three full paragraphs of whining and ranting about how things and especially people reek* ...but it is bearable with gum, patience and will power.
It seems like people smell bad, because you're not the person in the room the stinks of smoke anymore!

Talking about smelling bad. I was in my Doctors office waiting room yesterday and some people came in that were or had just finished smoking. The smell was enough to make me gag. After speaking with my cardiologist, he had mentioned that as a smoker, I would be more sensitive after quitting that someone who had never smoked when it comes to that nasty smell of old stale cigarettes.

Still doing great here and thanks for all the encouraging comments :thumb:.
No serious cravings and have actually been around a few people smoking outside.
My will outweighs my cravings 100 fold!

Sense of smell and taste way up and definitely feel like I have more energy, probably due to actually breathing air vs sucking it through that cigarette.

I GOT THIS!

Back
Top Bottom