• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Leaving my gun in my car. Advice needed.

I wouldn't worry about the ammo cooking off but the heat does shorten the "shelf life" so replace it maybe once a month in the summer.
An insulated storage container is a great idea too.

This is how I leave my revolver when I have to go to court.
I didn't use the cable lock this time, although I have one. The gun is directly locked to a heavy duty steel bar at the bottom of the seat using a vinyl coated padlock.
I usually put an old shirt or sweater or some piece of junk on top of the gun to block the view of it. But not for this photo.
IMG_4806.JPG

And yes, I know my car needs vacuuming !

Ankle holster. Unless you wear hipster scrubs.
I wear surg. tech. style plain blue scrubs. Due to the nature of what I do I'm way too active to carry at work. I tried pocketing a ppk clone in an uncle mikes and the paranoia wasn't worth it. I feel like it would be a fiasco and I'd lose my license to practice if I did get caught.

This is how I leave my revolver when I have to go to court.
I didn't use the cable lock this time, although I have one. The gun is directly locked to a heavy duty steel bar at the bottom of the seat using a vinyl coated padlock.
I usually put an old shirt or sweater or some piece of junk on top of the gun to block the view of it. But not for this photo.View attachment 1145493

And yes, I know my car needs vacuuming !
Thats an awesome idea.

Do you have a secure place inside the hospital?? Can you bring the gun inside to secure it during working hours, but not carry on your person?
We do have employee lockers, but they're the "hospital property" subject to search, yadda yadda. I think I'm going to start using a locking briefcase. Anyone have any ideas as to whether that would be subject to search?

We do have employee lockers, but they're the "hospital property" subject to search, yadda yadda. I think I'm going to start using a locking briefcase. Anyone have any ideas as to whether that would be subject to search?
Can you take a small locking box/case and place it in the hospital locker? Maybe that's what you meant by a locking briefcase? I think this is the best answer, security for your gun, you are not "carrying" where not allowed, your ammo is not overheating in the car.

Back
Top Bottom