• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Leaving my gun in my car. Advice needed.

1) Park in a shady area
2) get a car with a sunroof and leave it vented or leave a window or two cracked to vent the high heat
3) get your windows tinted and use one of those reflective windshield protectors when the car is parked

The above steps keep my car much cooler when parked for long periods of time.

Then rig a small cooler to sit behind your passengers seat and figure out a way to lock the cooler and the gun to the car. Cut or drill a small hole to run a cable to lock gun and cooler.

or use a small safe secured to car and cover with an insulated thermal reflective material which would also reduce your heat.

That's what I would do.

They are some solar powered devices which fit in a practically closed car window and pull hot air from the vehicle.

We do have employee lockers, but they're the "hospital property" subject to search, yadda yadda. I think I'm going to start using a locking briefcase. Anyone have any ideas as to whether that would be subject to search?

If it is inside the building it is.

Going back to the original question, I would keep locking it in the glove box and not worry about it.

i did that for years in S. Ga, and never had any issues.

window_0.jpg

Are you using one of these ?

If not ,then get 2. One for the windshield and one to cut a piece from to put over the top of your weapon in the glove box as additional heat shielding .

You could even get one for a big car ,trim it to custom fit your car ,then use the cut off pieces as your glovebox heat shield..

Lols you're not gonna cook off any rounds in your whip man. Unless your car gets set on fire during a riot outside the hospital lol. +2 on the cable lock or locking weapon through a framing member of the vehicle. Don't sweat the heat issue. I left cans of ammo, 9, 5.56, 7.62, ,50 etc in 125-130+ degrees for extended periods of time. Only seen em cook off in a runaway gun/over heated MG situation or somebody set some s*** on fire.

Back
Top Bottom