• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Leaving my gun in my car. Advice needed.

I pack mine inside my lunch carrier and take it in to my office. Ir has a compartment on top for napkins, knives and crap and my Beretta PX4 Compact in a IWB holster fits great in there.

If you have to lock the firearm in your vehicle........PLEASE....put it in the trunk......screw the aggravation...When thieves break into cars they are already ready to pop that silly little glove box lock and your console lock. They are in and out in a flash.........Very very rarely do they take the time to break into a trunk. If you have a trunk....use it...one day you just may be very happy you did!!!!!!

get a small cooler, and a disposable diaper, fill the diaper with something that resembles poop, then a couple of those freezable blocks of gel, place the gun in a baggie above the frozen blocks and the full diaper on top of the gun, not many car break in idiots would touch the diaper to see what's under it and gun all cool.

If you have to lock the firearm in your vehicle........PLEASE....put it in the trunk......screw the aggravation...When thieves break into cars they are already ready to pop that silly little glove box lock and your console lock. They are in and out in a flash.........Very very rarely do they take the time to break into a trunk. If you have a trunk....use it...one day you just may be very happy you did!!!!!!

Break in the trunk?!?!?
2.bp.blogspot.com__N4Q0qo7_8ok_VCG8dUqownI_AAAAAAAAcd8_90c5zycFY8k_s1600_sweet_2Bbrown.jpg

Aren't you allowed to carry a backpack? Do you have a locker? A backpack with a good interior pocket works fine. No one will ever know if you carry it in and place it in your locker. Assuming you have a locker, of course.

If not, bring a smaller gun and wear it on your ankle.

I wouldn't worry about the ammo cooking off. They will take a lot more than what you think. Swap your rounds out every other month. Locking sidearm in glove box, no bad idea, thiefs would look there. Keep several old McDonald's bags, Burger King, Wendy's bags with old burger wrapping put you pistol in there, thiefs don't look in garbage bags, just keep several there.

Back
Top Bottom