• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

LED bulb replacement. WTF is going on??

image.jpeg

Once you do this, your battery will be overcharged because of less current to the flashers. You will need to install a lower amp rated alternator and voltage regulator. A smaller battery must be installed also for the new balance system. Just kidding, but sounded pretty good for a second. :evil:

ALL vehicles factory equipped to tow will have an electronic flasher...OEM installed to compensate for varying loads as when adding additional lighting (trailers).
Then I guess my truck and OP's truck must be exceptions.

You can add a trailer with led lights and it will not have the same effect as replacing the stock bulb in the truck with an led. My truck came equipped with tow package and brake controller, but still had to have resistors added to change the tail lights to led.

I know man, I put them in my tag lights , reverse lights corners dome/cab light and corners (not tails yet) and it's amazing how sharp it looks at night.
but my other question is will replacement of the flasher not make it cone up on my panel everytime I turn my blinked on ?
I put LEDs in place of my old dome light bulbs too. The difference is incredible.

No worries I used blinker fluid.
Once you do this, your battery will be overcharged because of less current to the flashers. You will need to install a lower amp rated alternator and voltage regulator. A smaller battery must be installed also for the new balance system. Just kidding, but sounded pretty good for a second. :evil:

No worries I used blinker fluid.
Some of the older SUVs, Cherokees if I recall correctly, have a filler cap in the rear hatch right next to the taillight for the rear window washer fluid. We have convinced a few new guys that it is where the blinker fluid goes.

Back
Top Bottom