• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Lee 1000

Tattooron

Default rank <500 posts
Survivalist
53   0
Reaction score
So I’m entertaining the idea of selling my progressive loader and going to a single stage press. I feel like I can be more accurate with my loads doing them one at a time vs high volume. I would love to get some feedback from y’all on the cons of the single stage other than the amount of ammo per hour.

That’s true. I also use a hand press that I enjoy but a little harder with rifle rounds. I seem to be using the hand press for the resizing and I have a hand primer press. I mostly only do batches of 50-100 at a time.

I load on a factory stock Dillon 650 and on a Lee Classic Cast. Pistol accuracy out to 50 yards is the same as far as I can tell. Rifle accuracy is the same out to 600 yards-as far as I can tell. Rifle loading on the Dillon is usually started after the case is fully sized, trimmed, and primed on the Single Stage.

The brass, brass neck tension, primer brand, and powder measure make the biggest difference in accuracy for me. Some powders need to be hand weighed or dispensed with a unit more suited for large stick powders.

A month ago I gave all 4 of my Pro 1000 presses and a garbage can of brass, primers, bullets the whole room to my Nephew that just retired from the Navy. Did keep a Rock Chucker tho for special bullets.

I load my bulk/plinking ammo on a hornady progressive and my precision rounds on a MEC Marksman. Very satisfied with both. If you're looking for an outstanding single stage at a reasonable price, check out the MEC.

Here is my Rock Crusher
5HYC7_AS01

Back
Top Bottom