• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Lee 1000

In seriousness, I have a Rock Chucker, a Lyman T-Mag2 and an XL750. More often than not I find myself using the turret press. Just a personal preference I guess, I can make quality, accurate loads on any of them. I did put in two flush mount base stations from InLine Fab on my bench so I can mount any two presses at a time. Also bought InLine roller handles for all three. The turret is slower of course but with multiple die stations, simple and convenient.

So I’m entertaining the idea of selling my progressive loader and going to a single stage press. I feel like I can be more accurate with my loads doing them one at a time vs high volume. I would love to get some feedback from y’all on the cons of the single stage other than the amount of ammo per hour.
Each type press has it's good & bad points. So the right answer is have BOTH.

I have a Lee 1000 now.. with titegroup it throwing 5.5 hrs.. I am using the smallest hood on the disc.. anybody got any ideas to help me remedy this.. way too much powder

I have a Lee 1000 now.. with titegroup it throwing 5.5 hrs.. I am using the smallest hood on the disc.. anybody got any ideas to help me remedy this.. way too much powder
find a disc hole that a lead bullet (45?) fits tight in, pound it till its tight then smooth off top and bottom.
Start drilling centered holes and measuring till you hit your sweet spot.

find a disc hole that a lead bullet (45?) fits tight in, pound it till its tight then smooth off top and bottom.
Start drilling centered holes and measuring till you hit your sweet spot.
Good idea.. I just don’t know where to get a lead bullet… but I’ll start looking.. thanks

So I’m entertaining the idea of selling my progressive loader and going to a single stage press. I feel like I can be more accurate with my loads doing them one at a time vs high volume. I would love to get some feedback from y’all on the cons of the single stage other than the amount of ammo per hour.
I will look at my disc set up tomorrow on my Pro1000 and let you know how I am dropping 4.9 grains of 231.

Back
Top Bottom