• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

LEE 4 Turret Press

coach482

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
PSYCHO BILLY
90   0
Reaction score
Any body using the Lee 4 turret press?
I bought one and after using was kinda meh, and wishing I had added more denaro and got a Dillon.
Found this website and decided to give their product a try. Wow what a difference. It is now the way I expected it to be when I first got it.

http://inlinefabrication.com/collec...r-for-the-lee-classic-turret-reverse-rotation

I am not affiliated with them other than being a happy customer.

I started off on one of these. I have to say, that would have been a nice addition.

The biggest joke on these presses was the priming system. I just hand primed all of my brass and everything else was great. Once you find a powder you like that feeds well in the auto disc. If you haven't picked up an adjustable charge bar, get one. I was happy with my turret press and it did a good job.

However, if you are going to start reloading a lot, just send the extra $ and buy a Dillon.

I have a 4 hole turret and have ran litterly 10 of thousands of rounds through it, 95% are pistol rounds, but I do reload a few rifle calibers.
I have no interest in trying to produce the amounts of ammo as Winny or remmy so the lee fills my needs quite well.
others may like the speed, but myself I am more interested in the quality of the round, regardless of the brand of press.
we each hive our ways and likes in reloading.

Maybe the old ones are made better than the new ones. I kept having problems with the indexing intermittantly being off so i would have to keep nudging it to the detent position. This kit took care of that issue as well as clearing the finished round automaticly.

I'm using a Lee Loadmaster now and thinking I'm liking it more everytime I use it. I've got no real complaints yet.

I started having issues with mine not wanting to turn the turret to the next stage.. After swaping the plastic piece thinking it was just worn after 5000 rounds the issue didn't go away.. covered the metal piece that the plastic part threads onto with gun oil on all 4 sides and it started running smooth as silk again.

Just in case you start having issues with yours ;) Love mine. Have a single stage for pulling bullets with and other tasks as I may need but want to get a turret as well to do other calibers I don't shoot as much of and dont feel like investing in all the parts and time it takes to swap the progressive press out.

Been using a Lee Turrett press for 25 yrs +- .....also have a Dillon, RCBS rock chucker , and a few more I can't name at the moment. But the Lee works just fine !

Back
Top Bottom