• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

LEE 4 Turret Press

Any body using the Lee 4 turret press?
I bought one and after using was kinda meh, and wishing I had added more denaro and got a Dillon.
Found this website and decided to give their product a try. Wow what a difference. It is now the way I expected it to be when I first got it.

http://inlinefabrication.com/collec...r-for-the-lee-classic-turret-reverse-rotation

I am not affiliated with them other than being a happy customer.

I have that press and added the tool from the link. Almost cut my loading time in half.

i been using lee turret press since i started reloading many years ago. it is good as beginner . but if you reload 100s of rounds like i do now need to upgrade to progressive press like load master. turret press is good for few round and plenty of time but it is hell if you are doing hundreds of rounds.

i been using lee turret press since i started reloading many years ago. it is good as beginner . but if you reload 100s of rounds like i do now need to upgrade to progressive press like load master. turret press is good for few round and plenty of time but it is hell if you are doing hundreds of rounds.
I would say if you're doing 1000's of rounds then yes. I can crank out 100 rounds in just over 30 minutes. I've loaded several thousand rounds on my turret.

I would say if you're doing 1000's of rounds then yes. I can crank out 100 rounds in just over 30 minutes. I've loaded several thousand rounds on my turret.
believe me when you do 100 rounds a day every day you gonna get tired and wish for progressive press.last month i loaded about 2800 rounds of 223 average 100 a day now i am sick of my turret press 4 strocks for one round damn. turret press is only for 30 06 and now i am getting load master for 9mm and 223.

I suppose, but I don't do 100's of rounds every day.
I usually run 200-250 rounds a day as a top amount in any one day.
I have used the single station, the turret, the progressive and for my needs the turret works best.
but that's what makes the world go around.

I uesd a single stage for a long time before I got my progressive and did 600 rounds in an evening for a match the next day. It can be done. Progressive does the same amount in an hour or two that I could get done all day with the single, but my single still has its uses for precision loads, bullet pulling, case sizing, ect. I want to get a turret for .380 and .45 since I don't shoot those quite as much as the 9mm and it doesn't make sense to have 3 or 4 progressive presses for me. And the cost to have everything needed for additional calibers in my progressive and setup time it would be pointless not to just buy another press

Back
Top Bottom