• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Lee APP press?

I love the APP. I use it for depriming before wet tumbling to keep my XL750 clean. I have also used it for swaging my LC 5.56 brass. If you happen to have a Dillon case feeder, you can print or buy an adapter to use it with the APP. This has made the APP much more efficient.

Attachments

• D3B224A3-A3D4-40D3-98B1-F41AC5778E9A.jpeg
    D3B224A3-A3D4-40D3-98B1-F41AC5778E9A.jpeg
    178.9 KB · Views: 9
My next big project will be to print and make the case feeder that I have the plans for. Should be able to use it on my dillon and Lee App.

if you have a lot of brass to process (remove primers, swage, etc) this is great. I deprimed 1k 9mm the other night in about 30 minutes. Nice if you are using stainless pins for cleaning. Swaged primer pockets in about 1k 223 the other night as well. so far so good haven't loaded them yet, but they seem to be working well when I check them with a primer pocket gauge.

Hey SpeedyR — did you ever print a case feeder? I’ve been kicking around the idea of doing it but didn’t want to invest the time if it turns out to be meh.

I printed a couple different types of case feeders for the Dillon 550 but none of them worked reliably and I just ended up with the Double Alpha feeder instead (works very well, BTW.)

https://www.midsouthshooterssupply....-(automatic-processing-press)-reloading-press

Midsouth has the deluxe on sale right now $120. I just received mine and did the inline fab front two bin and quick change. I set it up last night to start running a huge batch of LC brass. It did not take long at all but I am going to print out the quick caliber parts for the four tube feeder, seems a smart option for caliber changes. here petty soon I will also have to find a way to run non belted magnums through for priming and depriming.

I have a question about the swage, have you all found it to be pretty easy to get the rod in the case or have you been manually guiding the rod into the case mouth?

https://www.midsouthshooterssupply....-(automatic-processing-press)-reloading-press

Midsouth has the deluxe on sale right now $120. I just received mine and did the inline fab front two bin and quick change. I set it up last night to start running a huge batch of LC brass. It did not take long at all but I am going to print out the quick caliber parts for the four tube feeder, seems a smart option for caliber changes. here petty soon I will also have to find a way to run non belted magnums through for priming and depriming.

I have a question about the swage, have you all found it to be pretty easy to get the rod in the case or have you been manually guiding the rod into the case mouth?
I don't manually guide the rod but I have found when swaging that any ovaling of the mouth of the cartridge makes the rod get hung up and makes the case stick to the rod.

I may start resizing the brass (and rounding the neck) before I swage it, at least for 223 where it's a tight fit.

I don't manually guide the rod but I have found when swaging that any ovaling of the mouth of the cartridge makes the rod get hung up and makes the case stick to the rod.

I may start resizing the brass (and rounding the neck) before I swage it, at least for 223 where it's a tight fit.
That makes sense, I'll have to look at that and maybe take some material off the rod to help with that, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom