• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Lee Bulge Buster Die Set?

Chuckdog

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
11   0
Reaction score
Any of you that use Lee carbide pistol dies loading 9mm, 40 S&W, or 45 ACP ever had the need for the Bulge Buster die set? I'm putting together an order at Midway, and considering ordering these. I haven't been challenged with bulged cases in the past, but I haven't been loading for the 40 S&W nor Glock pistols very long. I've loaded some of my 40 cal. brass three times without any issues. Do the Lee dies full length size enough on their own? I've shot several fairly hefty 45s' in the Glock without issue. I admit I'm a little curious about these, but I hate to buy something else that I'll never use. Thanks', Chuckdog.

Lee doesn't yet make a bulge buster kit for 9mm. Something about the tapered case dimensions versus the straight walls of the other cartridges.

Everything I've read from reloaders who have bought the kit say they work great.

Last edited:
I left if in my wish list. I have yet to need one. As I said in my original post, I don't need another something to set on my shelf and gather dust. If I find I need one later, they're only two days away from Midway. Thanks' Guys, Chuckdog.

Only my own thoughts. If the case is bulged enough to warrant sending it through the bb die, its worth throwing it out. It looks like an excuse for lax case inspection or using brass that has been stretched further than I'm comfortable with

Back
Top Bottom