Lee Enfield No. 4 MK 1/2 - PRISTINE CONDITION. ATTENTION ENFIELD COLLECTORS

Status
Not open for further replies.

10thmountain

Default rank 5000+ posts
American Warhorse.
121   0
Reaction score
I picked up my first ever Enfield earlier this week. As some of you know - I love immaculate condition Mil Surp rifles. This one fit the bill. I must admit I did not know anything about this particular rifle until I started investigating it through other forums. There are so many version of Enfields it is mind boggling.

This one is a Lee Enfield No. 4 MK 1/2 that was run through the British Arsenal re-furb ( FTR) program in 1954, with a further treatment in 1956 - The stock was replaced. The serial number with the A prefix suggests the work was done at the Shirley plant in England. All the original marking have been mostly scrubbed but a few remain . The British used Sucrolite a sort of park/paint on these rifles hence the black appearance. My rifle appears untouched since refurb. I have no way of verifying its un-issued but the Bolt Handle, Receiver, Magazine and Stock all match. Which is amazing. I can see a import mark from IAC ALEX VA on the wrist....this suggests it was surplussed in the late 90's.

As some of you saw I was cleaning the bore the past 2 nights. Its minty fresh now. I scrubbed all the grease and grime out of it. Looks amazing, I have never shot a basically new milsurp rifle. I am looking forward to it. Pics below. OH this one has a brass butt plate and I found a oiler kit in the butt stock! Whoo! It also came with some Ammo and a Bayo. ( for zombies)

( My new thoughts on FTR - FTR Enfields are like the Garands that got rearsenaled in the 50's and 60's. Basically a parts gun that was made new. I have a refurb Garand it literally is a new gun. This Enfield remind me of that high quality arsenal work that Garands went through)

IMG_3088.JPG
IMG_3089.JPG
IMG_3090.JPG
IMG_3091.JPG
IMG_3092.JPG

I lucked into a UF 1955 series Mk2 a few years ago. Blonde stick and brass butt plate. Cosmoline in the bore!!! Shoots great! Nice snag and nice restore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom