• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Lee Enfield No 4 Mk 2 Trigger Disassembly

Linachaw

Default rank <2500 posts Lifetime Supporter
Milsurp Collector
99   0
Reaction score
I recently purchased a Lee Enfield No 4 Mk 2 and am now in the process of cleaning it. The one part of the rifle I have not seen any videos on taking apart and reassembling is the trigger assembly that is attached to the receiver, which is different from No 4 Mk 1's. Any advise from someone with experience with No 4 Mk 2's on taking this apart would be greatly appreciated. I just don't want to break the spring in there. This rifle has cosmoline in the cracks and needs to be taken apart all the way and cleaned thoroughly.
20181210_214101.jpg
20181210_214000.jpg

I’ve taken them apart before. Take some good pics, pay attention to how stuff came out. No worries, it’s a very simple trigger. I’m happy to help if you need it.

Take the U-shaped spring out with a pair of needle-nosed pliers
Take the flat head screw off the magazine release - catch the keeper on the other side
Drive the pin out from the sear (mind which way it went in)
Drive the pin out of the trigger

All of those pieces are very readily available in the event you break anything.

Take the U-shaped spring out with a pair of needle-nosed pliers
Take the flat head screw off the magazine release - catch the keeper on the other side
Drive the pin out from the sear (mind which way it went in)
Drive the pin out of the trigger

All of those pieces are very readily available in the event you break anything.
Thanks. I got it all taken apart. As it turns out the Mk 2 is not very different from the Mk 1. The trigger is just hung on the receiver, once I got it taken out it is just like the Mk 1. The hardest part was taking out that tough U shaped spring.

Back
Top Bottom