• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

lee pro 1000 quit indexing

CAMSDADDY

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
109   0
Reaction score
My Lee Pro 1000 quit indexing last year. I disassembled it before we moved and am just now getting back to it. I have it set up but the carrier goes up and down the rod but doesn't pivot. I've taken it apart and replaced the index bushing. I have tried another rod. I don't know if its a lube issue or what. I plan to take it apart and clean it at some point. There is some surface rust on the guide pin and on the some of the rods etc but nothing that pivots or slides.
Does anyone have any idea. Maybe its a lube issue. I would guess Ive run less than 10000 rounds through it. Dont know if there is anything else to check.

Thank you. I actually removed the rod and have been using it as a turret press. Its still easier on my shoulder than my Lee turret. I will check out these and then contact Lee

My Lee Pro 1000 quit indexing last year. I disassembled it before we moved and am just now getting back to it. I have it set up but the carrier goes up and down the rod but doesn't pivot. I've taken it apart and replaced the index bushing. I have tried another rod. I don't know if its a lube issue or what. I plan to take it apart and clean it at some point. There is some surface rust on the guide pin and on the some of the rods etc but nothing that pivots or slides.
Does anyone have any idea. Maybe its a lube issue. I would guess Ive run less than 10000 rounds through it. Dont know if there is anything else to check.
I still use the old 3 hole Lee turret press. When it stops turning the turret I have to change the little plastic gear tooth thing inside the clamp on the ram. I use the same plastic ratchet thing as the 1000 does.
I have found that some of the plastic gear things are slightly too big around the outside and you can use fine sandpaper to get them the right size. Also you should lube the metal parts, including the outside of your 4 hole turret. When you replace the clamp on the ram don't over tighten the screw. Some of the new die holding turrets seem to be slightly oversized too. That messes up rotation. Sandpaper it too. I keep the plastic gears on hand & am close to you.

I have some parts ordered from Lee. I have lots of the small plastic bushing that rides on the rod. I have ordered the plastic gear that indexes the adjustment screw. I think I need to do a better job of lubing the press. Also when I read above to not over tighten the clamp on the ram a bell went off as I have had it come loose so I probably over tighten it now.

I think I can get it done. For now Im enjoying a 3 hole turret with a shell feeder and priming system

I have some parts ordered from Lee. I have lots of the small plastic bushing that rides on the rod. I have ordered the plastic gear that indexes the adjustment screw. I think I need to do a better job of lubing the press. Also when I read above to not over tighten the clamp on the ram a bell went off as I have had it come loose so I probably over tighten it now.

I think I can get it done. For now Im enjoying a 3 hole turret with a shell feeder and priming system
I use white lithium on mine. I bet i have loaded tens of thousands of rounds on mine before it give me problems. I order those gears by the dozen but one lasts me a while before i have to replace them, if everything else is right. I converted my 3-hole to a 4 when the lee factory crimp die got popular. Before they come out with the 4 hole turret conversion, i used a single throw rockcrusher press to run them through the FCdie.

I ordered from Lee on 03/22. Today my order came in. All of the “other parts” I ordered to make it worthwhile came in. The gear and the screw I needed I must not have put in the cart. I tried to order the parts and just pay the shipping and get a notification that they can sell to me because Georgia requires them to report tax or something. They could sell to me 3 days ago but not now. They recommended one of their retailers. I will email them once I get home and see if they will help me.

I only load 9 and 38 and mostly 38.

Back
Top Bottom