• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Legal question about dog ownership

None of this is legal advice, I am not an attorney, just the babbling of an old guy.
1. the dog is a Covid dog and no longer fits the lifestyle of the previous owner. They are in all likelihood out of the picture in this.
B. For reasons not made clear the other person involved is trying to manipulate and control. It is not the dog she is trying to control, who does that leave.
3. not sure what your relationship is with this other person or why you thought out of the goodness of she wanted to pay the bills but if you want to keep the dog you should follow one of the plans others have mentioned. Tell her to come get the dog, in writing, by a certain date and hold your breath or hide. Offer or insist on repaying what she has spent and grow up and pay your own bills.
following because I find this interesting and I am bored. Best of luck.
847626D4-7FBD-409F-8F57-4FA84AB47B71.jpeg

None of this is legal advice, I am not an attorney, just the babbling of an old guy.
1. the dog is a Covid dog and no longer fits the lifestyle of the previous owner. They are in all likelihood out of the picture in this.
B. For reasons not made clear the other person involved is trying to manipulate and control. It is not the dog she is trying to control, who does that leave.
3. not sure what your relationship is with this other person or why you thought out of the goodness of she wanted to pay the bills but if you want to keep the dog you should follow one of the plans others have mentioned. Tell her to come get the dog, in writing, by a certain date and hold your breath or hide. Offer or insist on repaying what she has spent and grow up and pay your own bills.
following because I find this interesting and I am bored. Best of luck.
View attachment 4523206

Thanks brother, you’re 100% right. Cute pup.

The above link may be helpful.
Lifeline Animal Project manages the Fulton and DeKalb animal services shelters. According to the link above if you bring the dog to the shelter, let them know you want to become a "friendly finder", foster the dog at your home for 5 days and if the dog's parents are not found within the 5 day period you can then adopt the dog.
I believe that if you have adoption paperwork from the local animal services shelter operator after the 5 day period you would be considered the legal owner of the dog.

Back
Top Bottom