• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Legal rights when Camping

It only took two months for me to get a letter of approval from the Corps of Engineers to carry concealed on their recreational lakes and boat launch sites and parks.

I think it would've been one month if I had sent them photocopies of both sides of my GWL instead of just the front side.
I had to mail another copy of the back side separately when they reminded me.

I obtained the above permission to carry on COE land that includes red top etc… it took about 7 months to get approval.

Yep, nothing is fast about the response and you have to send the requests to different offices for permission depending on the location. The Ar15.com thread has all of the information you'll need for each location.

Sticky situation for sure. I just don't patronize a place that has signs and or posted rules of no guns allowed. If you got in a situation that you had to defend yourself, it's going to get ugly even in the best of circumstances

A camper that is parked, not moving, and is being used as a residence for days may enjoy greater protection from police searches and seizures than a regular motor vehicle wood under the fourth amendment. (Maybe).

But numerous rulings from federal district courts and the US court of appeals have held that the government may ban guns on government property without violating the second amendment . One case from Virginia involved person who had a permanent home that they leased from the federal government inside a national park, and they were convicted of unlawfully possessing a weapon at home.

Unless and until a new US Supreme Court ruling comes down the pike clarifying the scope of the 2nd amendment in consideration of the constitution grant of federal authority over federally owned property....

It's risky to go camping at a Corps of Engineers park without one of their "permission letters" issued by the district office.

Back
Top Bottom