• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Legal Shooting Distance on Property

lmitc09

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
41   1
Reaction score
I own six acres of property in Bartow County and I shoot in my backyard. I was wondering if there is a legal shooting distance from property line or main road that I should know about. My neighbors don't mind but it's just something I would like to know. Is there a website that any of you guys know about that's legitimate?

In Paulding, I had the Sheriff's dept come look at my range so theyd know where i was if they got complaints. They told me as long as the bullet stays on my property, Im cool. I shoot right down the edge of my property and havent had any problems. I'd call the Sheriff seeing as how that's who'd be enforcing anyway. Like I said, Im in Paulding and thats what I did

Paulding SO has called on me and my neighbors for shooting.No problem,though,they have to answer the call.As long as you are 50 yards from the public road when you shoot,you are ok.That came from the LEOs themselves.On the other hand,you can ask 5 LEOs a question and sometimes get 5 different answers.A lot of us in my neighborhood shoot,and I suspect that the calls are instigated by 3 females who live together, close by.We don`t have to quit shooting,just show the LEOs where we are shooting from.I have some friends,though,also in Paulding,who were called on by the SO,and not treated so well.Those Leos didn`t know the laws themselves.Deputies don`t all have the same mindset as the sheriff that they work for.

Back
Top Bottom