• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Legal to carry in church

Just because it is a church doesn't deter a criminal or a pissed of ex-parishioner or any other bunghole who is angry. Churches and their attitudes can royally piss people off and are a source of violence more than you would probably think. If I am in church, I am armed. Call me criminal if you want but I will not be stuck in a large group of folks and be unarmed. Never have. Never will. The only thing that deters me from carrying in a courthouse is the metal detector.

x2!

The over two hundred christians who have been killed in churches in this country didnt think they needed a gun in church either. Criminals know that most people in churches arent armed and for the most part defensless. So do the people who would do harm to us simply becouse we are christians.

Yeah I'm sure people are killed/shoot in every enviroment. I carry every day and in in most places ( due to work). I just choose not to carry in a church. I'm not saying it's wrong to carry in a church ( but by law it is right now).

I could not live with myself if my wife or children or anyone else in our church home was injured or killed becouse some wacko came in and shot the place up and I didnt have my weapon on me. Also I can find anywhere in the bible where it says not to defend ourselves or our loved ones just becouse we are in church.

Just because it is a church doesn't deter a criminal or a pissed of ex-parishioner or any other bunghole who is angry. Churches and their attitudes can royally piss people off and are a source of violence more than you would probably think. If I am in church, I am armed. Call me criminal if you want but I will not be stuck in a large group of folks and be unarmed. Never have. Never will. The only thing that deters me from carrying in a courthouse is the metal detector.

I agree, a disarmed audience is otherwise known as targets.

Yes!

Ask the families of these Souls if they felt safe in their own Church....

Chronology of Church Shootings:

Date Locaiton Victims
1999 16-Sep Wedgewood Baptist Church in Fort Worth, Texas 7
2003 3-Oct Turner Monumental AME church in Kirkwood GA 3
2003 Catholic Church newar Detroit. 1
2005 12-Mar Living Church of God in Milwaukee 7
2006 26-Feb Zion Hope Baptist Church Michigan 2
2006 9-May College Park GA 1
2006 21-May Jesus Christ Church Louisiana 4
2006 2-Oct Lancaster County, Pa. Amish school religious site. 5
2007 20-May Moscow, Idaho, Presbyterian Church standoff 3
2007 12-Aug Missouri Micronesian church 3
2007 Dec Christian Youth Mission church in Denver CO 2
2007 Dec Megachurch Colorado Springs, CO 2
2008 27-Jul Tennessee Valley Unitarian Universalist Church, Knoxville, TN 9
2009 8-Mar First Baptist Church in Maryville, Ill. 3
2009 Jan St. Dominic's Youngstown, Ohio 1
2010 10-Feb New Gethsemane Church of God in Christ. Richmond, Calif., 2
2010 7-Sep Mormon Church in CA 1
2010 24-Sep Walnut Park Casa De Mi Gloria Church in Garland, Texas 1
2010 24-Sep St. Dominic's Youngstown, Ohio 1

TOTAL: 19 Shootings, 58 Victims

Ask the families of these Souls if they felt safe in their own Church....

Chronology of Church Shootings:

Date Locaiton Victims
1999 16-Sep Wedgewood Baptist Church in Fort Worth, Texas 7
2003 3-Oct Turner Monumental AME church in Kirkwood GA 3
2003 Catholic Church newar Detroit. 1
2005 12-Mar Living Church of God in Milwaukee 7
2006 26-Feb Zion Hope Baptist Church Michigan 2
2006 9-May College Park GA 1
2006 21-May Jesus Christ Church Louisiana 4
2006 2-Oct Lancaster County, Pa. Amish school religious site. 5
2007 20-May Moscow, Idaho, Presbyterian Church standoff 3
2007 12-Aug Missouri Micronesian church 3
2007 Dec Christian Youth Mission church in Denver CO 2
2007 Dec Megachurch Colorado Springs, CO 2
2008 27-Jul Tennessee Valley Unitarian Universalist Church, Knoxville, TN 9
2009 8-Mar First Baptist Church in Maryville, Ill. 3
2009 Jan St. Dominic's Youngstown, Ohio 1
2010 10-Feb New Gethsemane Church of God in Christ. Richmond, Calif., 2
2010 7-Sep Mormon Church in CA 1
2010 24-Sep Walnut Park Casa De Mi Gloria Church in Garland, Texas 1
2010 24-Sep St. Dominic's Youngstown, Ohio 1

TOTAL: 19 Shootings, 58 Victims

As I said people get killed every single day. How many of these people would have had a chance if they were packing while at church. How many people are packing when they are killed in a car crash. When it's your turn to go you going to go, packing or not. You can "what if" all day long. Look how many of our GREAT soliders are killed every day and they are armed. Just because you have a gun on your side doesn't make you safe. Does it give you better olds, YES. And I carry 90% of the time.

As I said people get killed every single day. How many of these people would have had a chance if they were packing while at church. How many people are packing when they are killed in a car crash. When it's your turn to go you going to go, packing or not. You can "what if" all day long. Look how many of our GREAT soliders are killed every day and they are armed. Just because you have a gun on your side doesn't make you safe. Does it give you better olds, YES. And I carry 90% of the time.

I'm not sure how carrying a firearm and crashing in a car equates to the same thing, and my post really was not aimed at you, because basically I agree with your right to not carry, legal or not.

Also there are a lot of great soldiers that are NOT killed because they have a firearm on their side.

But I digress!!!

My post was to illustrate that people ARE killed everyday, in all sorts of situation, including churches.

The mindset that a church is a safe haven, is simply wrong. There are people that work at a church 7 days a week, and right now they can not protect themselves if they CHOOSE to do so.

Again, was not aimed at your opinion, so I apologize if it seemed that way.

It was aimed at those folks who think a church, school, govt. building, etc., automatically become a safe haven because "it should not happen here".

Jerry

Back
Top Bottom