• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

legal to ccw at Lakewood amphitheater?

It depends on whether or not Lakewood prohibits weapons on the premises. See the law below:

O.C.G.A. § 16-11-127

(c) Except as provided in Code Section 16-11-127.1, a license holder or person recognized under subsection (e) of Code Section 16-11-126 shall be authorized to carry a weapon as provided in Code Section 16-11-135 and in every location in this state not listed in subsection (b) of this Code section; provided, however, that private property owners or persons in legal control of property through a lease, rental agreement, licensing agreement, contract, or any other agreement to control access to such property shall have the right to forbid possession of a weapon or long gun on their property, except as provided in Code Section 16-11-135. A violation of subsection (b) of this Code section shall not create or give rise to a civil action for damages.

As far as serving alcohol, that doesn't matter. The law states that you can only carry in a bar if you have the bar owner's permission, but given the legal definition of a "bar" below, Lakewood is not considered a bar.

O.C.G.A. § 16-11-127

(a)(1) "Bar" means an establishment that is devoted to the serving of alcoholic beverages for consumption by guests on the premises and in which the serving of food is only incidental to the consumption of those beverages, including, but not limited to, taverns, nightclubs, cocktail lounges, and cabarets.

It doesn't matter if they just generally prohibit possession on the premises. They have to actually ask you to leave...signs carry no legal weight in Georgia. If they catch you somehow, which should be pretty unlikely if you CC, they can ask you to leave and you must comply. If you fail to comply, it DOES become a legal issue...criminal trespass.

As for the legal definition of "bar", you're probably right that it's not...but there is a website where you can see what kind of license an establishment actually has. I wish I had the address for you, but it shouldn't be too difficult to find. You're perfectly legal going somewhere that simply sells alcohol for consumption on the premises. And while I know it's controversial, you're even legal consuming alcohol yourself. And while it's probably a stupid idea, you can even get drunk.

But I'm getting a little of track there, sorry...short answer is yes, you should be just fine carrying there.

It doesn't matter if they just generally prohibit possession on the premises. They have to actually ask you to leave...signs carry no legal weight in Georgia. If they catch you somehow, which should be pretty unlikely if you CC, they can ask you to leave and you must comply. If you fail to comply, it DOES become a legal issue...criminal trespass.

As for the legal definition of "bar", you're probably right that it's not...but there is a website where you can see what kind of license an establishment actually has. I wish I had the address for you, but it shouldn't be too difficult to find. You're perfectly legal going somewhere that simply sells alcohol for consumption on the premises. And while I know it's controversial, you're even legal consuming alcohol yourself. And while it's probably a stupid idea, you can even get drunk.

But I'm getting a little of track there, sorry...short answer is yes, you should be just fine carrying there.

THIS! I carry in places with those stupid signs all the time. What the store dont know.... wont hurt you.

Back
Top Bottom