• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Legal to park on the interstate?

chrislibby88

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
67   0
Reaction score
Someone help me out. I’m trying to park on an interstate to access some land for a few hours. The vehicle will be pulled about 20ft down into a gentle ditch, NOT on an exit/on ramp, NOT on the median, and the car will be at no risk of being hit by a car or disrupting traffic unless someone swerved WAY off the road. I asked a cop friend, he didn’t know exactly. He does SWAT, not patrol. He just knew that after 3 days the vehicle would be towed. Does anyone know the legality? I tried researching it, but couldn’t find a definitive answer.

If you are parked outside of the legal right-of-way, on private property that you have permission to access, then no one should be able to say anything to you. Look up the county tax assessor map for the property and see where the line lies.

If you are parked outside of the legal right-of-way, on private property that you have permission to access, then no one should be able to say anything to you. Look up the county tax assessor map for the property and see where the line lies.
I’m pretty sure I am still on interstate right of way, and I’m accessing public land.

See quite a few on the side of 85 up through Jackson, Banks, and Franklin county. Most were well off the road close to the fence.

Might call the local Sheriff's office to clarify/notify of your intent.

Back
Top Bottom