• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Legality of firing a .22 in my back yard

Renting may get you evicted, check your lease and the local laws , most of the time I just go to a range or the woods

I was kinda curious about the same thing, but if you're using Aguila .22 Super Colibri 20 Grain Solid Point, they don't use gun gun powder and are only 500 FPS.

I was kinda curious about the same thing, but if you're using Aguila .22 Super Colibri 20 Grain Solid Point, they don't use gun gun powder and are only 500 FPS.

x2 on that! That ammo is super quiet! The action of the gun is the only thing they will hear. But you have to use a bolt action with them, semi auto won't cycle them

It is illegal to discharge a firearm withing 200 yards of another house or within 50 yards of a public road. I would check with your local PD to make sure before doing any shooting.

Cite that law please.

Here is Cobb's ordinance:
Sec. 86-5. - Weapons discharge.

(a)
It shall be unlawful for any person to discharge a firearm, air rifle, pellet gun, slingshot, crossbow or other similar device into or over property belonging to another person or entity without first obtaining written permission from that person or entity.

(b)
In addition to the penalty provided for in section 86-1, if the person charged with violating this ordinance is a minor, it will be within the discretion of the officer issuing the citation to issue a warning. If this is done, a duplicate of the warning will be sent to the minor's parents or legal guardian by certified mail.

(c)
The provisions of this section shall not apply to:

(1)
Persons who discharge one of these devices in defense of person or property;

(2)
Law enforcement officers in the performance of official duties;

(3)
Military forces of this state or the United States in the performance of official duties.

Back
Top Bottom