• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Legality of firing a .22 in my back yard

Had a pellet (i think) fly over my head the other week, yelled at the top of my lungs i was going to call the cops. Haven't heard them shooting since lol.
I don't mind if you shoot personally, just keep it in your own yard.

I nearly had a heart attack when the two of them said they wanted to go to the range. I took some of my guns out to visit my folks so me, my dad (ex-army, Vietnam vet), my brother, and his wife could shoot. Got back and the two of them asked when I was gonna take them to the range. I wouldn't have been more shocked if they had told me they won the lottery, I was adopted, and my name was actually Sue. I did a safety class with each of them, then explained each of the guns they might shoot, then gave them a hands on (no ammo around) instruction in the operation and firing of each gun. A buddy of mine (Invader here) was with me and we kept one of us with each of them on a lane during the shoot. Invader asked my sister "do you want me to reload it so you can shoot it again?" and her smile and nod were about as big as a 10 year old being asked if they wanted to go to Disney!

On a related note, my dad was so terrible with the handling of guns that either my brother, me, or his wife was hovering over him at all times... I expected better from him.

Oh, little sis dialed in her shots a bit after a few magazines:
DSC00326.JPG

I'm pretty sure I woulda been walking over and having a talk with some people...

I drove by, but didn't know for for sure where it came from and didn't see anyone. The houses in our area are in an "L" shape with woods behind them so it's hard to see. And they are all within 15 yards of each other and the road, not in the city.

Sure am glad I live out in the sticks. I think you could randomly drive anywhere in this county,park,and eventually hear gunfire. Way of life here.

Back
Top Bottom