• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Legality of firing a .22 in my back yard

Excerpt from Noise Violations Section... "(b)It shall be unlawful for any person to make, continue or cause to be made or continued any loud
noise which either disturbs, injures or endangers the comfort, repose, health, peace or safety of others
in the unincorporated areas of the county which is plainly audible 100 feet from the sound's point of
origination, except as otherwise provided herein."

so... you cant mow your lawn either unless your Toro is equipped with a suppressor.

which either disturbs, injures or endangers the comfort, repose, health, peace or safety of others

Case law general will show that none of those vague terms are true during times when people should reasonably expect that louder noises would be present. Just because I felt like sleeping in until noon on Saturday doesn't mean that your mowing the lawn was "legally disturbing" me. The letter of the law must always be read with the common accepted interpretations of the law when the "letter" uses vague terms such as disturb. Blow out my eardrums, however, and you've obviously injured me ;)

If it's your property, you're not in violation of Kennesaw City, Cobb County, or state laws by safely shooting your air rifle on your property only (Cobb ordinance cited above). The .22 is a no go for you however per city law if you are inside Kennesaw city limits per 34-22.

Yeah, you don't need to shoot a 22 in the city limts of Kennesaw. Trust me on this.:spy:

Back
Top Bottom