• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

legality of shooting down of drones?

Hypothetically how are they going to prove it was you..
When the complainant calls and shows police the drone's video of you walking outside and discharging a firearm into the air. 16-5-60(b) Reckless Conduct. I'm pretty certain there's also something for discharging a firearm into the air, but I cant find it in GA code. Seek legal advice/ make your own assumptions.

Good news is maybe when you get out of jail you could use the case number as your starting point for legal action against the guy if you can prove (with evidence not feelings) he was using the drone to stalk or harass.

Guys please whatever you do don't randomly shoot into the air. Keep in mind that violates firearms safety rules "be sure of your target and what is beyond it" (Where's that bullet going to go before it's finally stopped?)

When the complainant calls and shows police the drone's video of you walking outside and discharging a firearm into the air. 16-5-60(b) Reckless Conduct. I'm pretty certain there's also something for discharging a firearm into the air, but I cant find it in GA code. Seek legal advice/ make your own assumptions.

Good news is maybe when you get out of jail you could use the case number as your starting point for legal action against the guy if you can prove (with evidence not feelings) he was using the drone to stalk or harass.

Guys please whatever you do don't randomly shoot into the air. Keep in mind that violates firearms safety rules "be sure of your target and what is beyond it" (Where's that bullet going to go before it's finally stopped?)
Lol

Capture+_2020-04-16-06-17-34-1.png

Well argued, but typically the places people are interested in shooting birds and the places people are interested in shooting drones are two totally different areas. Clearly it is dependent on the situation and the area you're in.
I'm not to knowledgeable about drones, but I would assume the ones able to fly at higher altitude would need something more substantial than #7 shot to shoot them down or to permanently damage them. My concern is more for people shooting whatever rounds (like pistols/ rifles or 00 buck) they have on hand.

Either way great counter point.

Well argued, but typically the places people are interested in shooting birds and the places people are interested in shooting drones are two totally different areas. Clearly it is dependent on the situation and the area you're in.
I'm not to knowledgeable about drones, but I would assume the ones able to fly at higher altitude would need something more substantial than #7 shot to shoot them down or to permanently damage them. My concern is more for people shooting whatever rounds (like pistols/ rifles or 00 buck) they have on hand.

Either way great counter point. You certainly got a laugh out of me and made me feel like an idiot.

Back
Top Bottom