• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Legalizing Silencers and SBRs?

I was just sitting here at work, doing nothing of course, and thinking about why sbr's and silencers are illegal unless we voluntarily allow the government to shake us down for those rights...Pretty wild we were thinking the same things at the same time, especially considering it is 5:09 am as I type this..

I think the ATF should be abolished altogether. Hell, the DEA too while we're at it.

It is confusing. I found this explanation in the LA Times: “It doesn’t matter if a state has said you can consume it. When you are crossing state lines … to another state, even if it’s another state that has a law on their books, with a federal illegal product that’s interstate commerce and that’s a problem. You want to indulge while you’re there (or any other place where recreational use is allowed)? Buy it there, use it there and leave it there when it’s time to come home." I suspect suppressors are regulated at the federal level for the same reasons... commerce and interstate travel.

There are probably more good posts on this in the https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/forums/class-iii-nfa-discussion.112/ forum.

It will never happen

I agree. The likely hood of undoing any laws or regulations concerning the 2nd Amendment that's already in effect are slim to none.

While we think deregulation or roll back the other side of the isle wants more and more until there's no more guns and the US is a big ole' gun free zone, their perfect utopia

I agree. The likely hood of undoing any laws or regulations concerning the 2nd Amendment that's already in effect are slim to none.

While we think deregulation or roll back the other side of the isle wants more and more until there's no more guns and the US is a big ole' gun free zone, their perfect utopia

And that will never happen either.

I was just sitting here at work, doing nothing of course, and thinking about why sbr's and silencers are illegal unless we voluntarily allow the government to shake us down for those rights...Pretty wild we were thinking the same things at the same time, especially considering it is 5:09 am as I type this..

I think the ATF should be abolished altogether. Hell, the DEA too while we're at it.
Dept of ed, DOE, HUD, USDA, CIA, FBI, HHS, DHS, ....

Back
Top Bottom