• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Lesnar vs Carwin

This fight is going to be a textbook example of one person dominating one area of the fight game 100%. If Lesnar takes it down, he'll turn into the Vanilla Gorilla and pound him for 5 rounds, but if he wants to try and show he can throw hands then Carwin is going to win on punching power alone. Unfortunately for Lesnar, he claims he doesn't have to cut weight for the fight anymore, meaning he may feel more natural during the fight, but he won't have the ability to pack on 30+ pounds for the bout. Carwin, being five-foot-nothing, will be reaping the benefits of this new Lesnar and be able to pack on the pounds to his normal weight of 280+. Lesnar also trained with Couture for a while at the end of his camp, so we'll probably see a lot of Brock holding Shane against the cage and controlling the pace.

yes im definitely getting that one. I usually buy every other fight, but im making a point to see this one.
I've missed 2 events since UFC 60. I watch all the WEC's, Dream's, Strikeforce that come on. About the only real thing Im not up to date on is Bellator. One of my old MMA coaches, Raphael Assuncao fights in the WEC and the other coach, his brother Junior used to fight in the UFC and is trying to work his way back there now. MMA is definitely a household theme at the Burdy household.

Haven't missed a numbered UFC since 52, I used to try and watch everything but I had to stop because I was getting burned out.

This fight is going to be a textbook example of one person dominating one area of the fight game 100%. If Lesnar takes it down, he'll turn into the Vanilla Gorilla and pound him for 5 rounds, but if he wants to try and show he can throw hands then Carwin is going to win on punching power alone. Unfortunately for Lesnar, he claims he doesn't have to cut weight for the fight anymore, meaning he may feel more natural during the fight, but he won't have the ability to pack on 30+ pounds for the bout. Carwin, being five-foot-nothing, will be reaping the benefits of this new Lesnar and be able to pack on the pounds to his normal weight of 280+. Lesnar also trained with Couture for a while at the end of his camp, so we'll probably see a lot of Brock holding Shane against the cage and controlling the pace.

IIRC, Shane maxed out at 265 for this first time against Mir, he was hovering at 55-59. I can usually pick a winner but this fight is gonna be a hard one to call. Lesnar training with Couture is a mixed bag. Im sure he'll be better in the clinch and dirty boxing, but is that really where he wants this fight?

IIRC, Shane maxed out at 265 for this first time against Mir, he was hovering at 55-59. I can usually pick a winner but this fight is gonna be a hard one to call. Lesnar training with Couture is a mixed bag. Im sure he'll be better in the clinch and dirty boxing, but is that really where he wants this fight?

Lesnar vs Mir 2 showed Brock's willing to break away from his main strength and tried to stand just to show he could. By round 2 he decided to take Mir down after the elbows and the flying knee, which makes me think he'll try to stand with Carwin until he takes that big shot, but because his chin is somewhat suspect (and because Carwin is Carwin), I don't think he'd be able to recover.

Back
Top Bottom