• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Lesson learned today.

Even if you keep the lid on the tumbler? Then if you only shoot enclosed base ammo, don't see where the lead could come from.

UMM< so how do you get the case /Ammo out of the tumbler without removing the lid???
as the projectile goes down the barrel is scored by the lands and grooves, some lead becomes lodged in the barrel and some becomes airborne.
it contaminates the rest of the ammo and cases.
hey Guys I could care less what you do, just trying to pass along some info so you aren't on a ventilator in your old age of lose a lung.
Lead is but one of the contaminates, there are also trace amount of Nitro Glycerine, Carbon, Graphite, nitro cellulose, copper and such, none of which are particularly good for you, alas why indoors ranges spend all that mioney on vent systems.

I always throw loaded rounds in my tumbler to final clean them. You could polish them for months and not take any material off. That's craziness.
Never done any hollow point though. That sucks.
I've never got the fact people say dry tumbling is dusty and toxic. I've never had a single problem with dust or had the thought, "dang that's dirty and dusty"

Same here. If dust bothers you just gather some used "softener" sheets after they have been used in the clothes dryer. They will pick up the dust. Tumble the sheets for 15-20 minutes & the dust adheres to the sheets.......pull them out, dust & all.

Why tumble loaded cartridges? Do case before loading and it'll be clean. After loading you risk killing the primer and breaking down propellant (aside from any initiation that could happen in tumbling)

Back
Top Bottom