• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Lessons Learned - Chinese Flu

My son's mom didn't have hardly enough ammo, or a rifle. Didn't think to ask her what she had on hand until last week. Giving her an AR and full mags to hold onto for the time being.

I’m so glad to know that I’m not the only one with “loaners”

How can you predict what items the public will go on a panic buying spree and start hoarding? I would never have guessed toilet paper would be in short supply.
Bullets, batteries, cleaning supplies, medication, would be reasonable predictions.
But toilet paper???

Here's a lesson learned, with some necessary extrapolation.

CoronaVirus has closed a lot of businesses temporarily. In some jurisdictions, the government ordered businesses to be closed. Other places the businesses chose to close voluntarily.

Well, THIS TIME, in Georgia anyway, home-improvement stores and hardware stores were not order to close and did not do so on their own. But what if they had closed?

Think of all the survivalists who envision turning their homes into fortified bunkers with barred doors, security systems with yard-scanning infrared cameras, walls of sandbags etc. etc.

Well do you have all the supplies needed to do that construction project? Are the materials currently on your own property? Don't count on making a run to Home Depot or Lowe's during an emergency! Don't assume that you'll be able to go down to RadioShack or wherever they sell burglar alarms and surveillance equipment and buy what you want at the last minute before you shelter in place.
Been ready for years.

Back
Top Bottom