• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Lessons Learned - Chinese Flu

What is the most critical underpinning of modern society?

ELECTRICITY. PERIOD.

Without electricity:

Say goodbye to RUNNING WATER.
Say goodbye to GASOLINE.
Say goodbye to FOOD.
Say goodbye to MEDICATIONS.
Say goodbye to HEALTHCARE.
Say goodbye to TRANSPORTATION.
Say goodbye to INTERNET, TV, RADIO.
Say goodbye to CIVIL SOCIETY.

Say HELLO to STARVATION.
Say HELLO to VIOLENCE.
Say HELLO to DISEASES.
Say HELLO to H3LL.

What is the most critical underpinning of modern society?

ELECTRICITY. PERIOD.

Without electricity:

Say goodbye to RUNNING WATER.
Say goodbye to GASOLINE.
Say goodbye to FOOD.
Say goodbye to MEDICATIONS.
Say goodbye to HEALTHCARE.
Say goodbye to TRANSPORTATION.
Say goodbye to INTERNET, TV, RADIO.
Say goodbye to CIVIL SOCIETY.

Say HELLO to STARVATION.
Say HELLO to VIOLENCE.
Say HELLO to DISEASES.
Say HELLO to H3LL.
Got mine on reserve with 75 gallons of gas if needed. Got a well hand pump too.

Got mine on reserve with 75 gallons of gas if needed. Got a well hand pump too.

How long will 75 gallons last you? That is plenty for a few weeks - depending on your power requirements. So I would say you are set for natural disasters. I don't expect you will need that in the current situation. In the event of a Grid-Down that lasted for many months, you are far short.

How long will 75 gallons last you? That is plenty for a few weeks - depending on your power requirements. So I would say you are set for natural disasters. I don't expect you will need that in the current situation. In the event of a Grid-Down that lasted for many months, you are far short.
No, I think I am in pretty decent shape. Only run the fridge and freezer a little each day. That is all.

Last week I watched as folks were buying bottled water. I always have some on hand, but not stacked to the rafters.

1700 hrs Friday, I start fixing dinner. The water out of my kitchen faucet looked like strong tea.

Rutro.

Switch to bottled water and called the water plant. Took 14 hours to get resolved.

A drunk can cause a localized power outage, and water interruptions can happen in the best of times

90% of the population cannot deal with a real emergency. This is a big interruption but hardly a disaster and requires little effort on the population except to take care of themselves and use common sense. Unfortunately this seems to be beyond the realm of a lot of people especially the bottom feeders that always depend on the government to feed, house and cloth them and their offspring.

Back
Top Bottom