• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Lessons Learned - Chinese Flu

Last week I watched as folks were buying bottled water. I always have some on hand, but not stacked to the rafters.

1700 hrs Friday, I start fixing dinner. The water out of my kitchen faucet looked like strong tea.

Rutro.

Switch to bottled water and called the water plant. Took 14 hours to get resolved.

A drunk can cause a localized power outage, and water interruptions can happen in the best of times
That is why we drilled a well years ago. We have and can use county water but like our well water much better. We have a hand pump on our drilled well if power goes out or if needed go to county water by turning 3 valves.

I had an appointment this morning for the extraction of a tooth - root is cracked and inflamed. It was called off because of new guidelines. They can only perform procedures in case of emergencies conforming to specific standards AND the patient must be less than 60 years old. Same is happening in hospitals in Italy - no resources wasted on anyone over 60.

LESSON: The old are disposable.

Lesson learned? The Amish may have the last laugh.
Or at least a modest grin. While most of us have
succumbed to the easy life made possible by modern
conveniences and ability to buy everything, the Amish
are able to be self sufficient as most of our ancestors
were.
Electricity is a luxury, not a necessity. May have to return
to the days when people work from sunup to sundown
then sit around the fireplace playing musical instruments
or reading by candle light but they made it okay.
May finally get people to slow down, having to build a fire
to boil the water you carried from the creek can take most
of the morning. Now where'd I put that big kettle I bought
at that yard sale for $5?

drag your ass up hill in the snow.jpg

When's it going to happen ? It's been weeks and I've read about and heard of people getting sick on the internet but from where I'm at and everyone I've spoken to directly no one knows anybody who's caught it. My wife has a pharmacy and has only heard of few people in the hospital and none of them are dying
Where's the emergency ? It's time to open back up for business, this **** has gotten out of hand with everything shutting down

AND they want people to social distance, have you seen the parties and cook outs going ???? It's freakin martigras out there ! Kids playing in large groups in the streets, people having cook outs, my neighbor had a party/cookout that lasted ALL of last weekend
Time to send their little asses back to school and get people back to work. This doomsday bs is irritating

Back
Top Bottom