• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Lest we forget what Monday is about

I have a question for some of you that came close. If you had died in war would you want the population to sit around crying all day on Memorial Day or would you rather they celebrated the freedoms you died defending? Or maybe a little of both? Something that I've been thinking about for a few years now. I know what I would want but I'm a weirdo so.
I've already told my wife, no sobbing at my funeral, no open casket (I'll be cremated and my ashes put in a 30mm shell casing engraved with Name, Rank and Service number and date of death), but Free Beer and BBQ, have everyone sit around and tell stories and jokes about all the S**t I got into over my life time on earth, I want everyone to remember me as I was. Same as if I had died in war (which I came damn close to after being shot twice and "Blow Up" (was a really bad Day) lol.. The only time I cry on Memorial day is when I think about my Friends that I lost and the ones who I couldn't save and the one who died in my arms. That's when I REALLY need a Drink :Cry:

They never really died, they're always alive in my Heart...
166964929_4398354373513679_5288574881268926113_n.jpg

I've already told my wife, no sobbing at my funeral, no open casket (I'll be cremated and my ashes put in a 30mm shell casing engraved with Name, Rank and Service number and date of death), but Free Beer and BBQ, have everyone sit around and tell stories and jokes about all the S**t I got into over my life time on earth, I want everyone to remember me as I was. Same as if I had died in war (which I came damn close to after being shot twice and "Blow Up" (was a really bad Day) lol.. The only time I cry on Memorial day is when I think about my Friends that I lost and the ones who I couldn't save and the one who died in my arms. That's when I REALLY need a Drink :Cry:

That's my thought too. Remember them by showing them we appreciate what they sacrificed for. Each in their own way. I stopped judging others on how they do it.

Back
Top Bottom