• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Lest we forget what Monday is about

unknown tomb.jpg

I have a question for some of you that came close. If you had died in war would you want the population to sit around crying all day on Memorial Day or would you rather they celebrated the freedoms you died defending? Or maybe a little of both? Something that I've been thinking about for a few years now. I know what I would want but I'm a weirdo so.

Yesterday I was very very proud to have a good friend and veteran at my supper table with other friends and family. When the food was blessed we had a prayer for the fallen. We shot a few guns frolicked in the pool downed a few beers and everyone had a good time! I thanked him for fighting for the privilege to do so. Thank you to all the vets out there and I’m sorry for the ones that didn’t make it or came home damaged. War is hell!

I have a question for some of you that came close. If you had died in war would you want the population to sit around crying all day on Memorial Day or would you rather they celebrated the freedoms you died defending? Or maybe a little of both? Something that I've been thinking about for a few years now. I know what I would want but I'm a weirdo so.

Great Question, I believe that that a choice question, I have friends who want to Remember there friends by visiting there buddies Grave site, other want to do fireworks n barbecue and Remember why they fought for there country and Died for there friends!

Back
Top Bottom