• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Let’s See Some NV/Thermal Setups

My son and I went real camping (as opposed to parking a car on a pad and setting a tent next to it). It was new moon and overcast. He wanted to play NV in the woods. I only have one pair, so I held on to him. It was scary as sin. I had no vision at all. He was loving it. He is 4.

Yes. Let’s.
Then let’s get that isht on the books
5840A489-13F4-496D-8BA1-06E6DE28ACE1.jpeg
27F8FFFF-CEF6-4F3B-BD85-E87D88B03E9B.jpeg

Dead of night with the Trijicon Reap 35 mounted atop my AR, deer are at about 150 yds.

Photo is from my iPhone taking the picture of the Reap's tiny screen inside its eye piece, while balancing the AR on my window sill.. was quite a feat.

As you may know, Trijicon requires fancy cables to retrieve images directly from the unit (that I don't have).

k7YzqoU.jpg
How do you like the Trijicon thermal offerings? I have a unique opportunity to get a skeetIR for ‘fell off a truck’ prices but I’d like it to be helmet mounted and now I only have binos in the NV sector and don’t have 3 eyes. It’s either that or a COTI thermal clip on for my RNVG’s but they’re kind of heavy and unwieldy for 20° of FOV

I like the idea of helmet mounted for looking around. How do these compare to thermal for spotting and shooting?

thermal will better for spotting, not as much for shooting in some instance because refresh rate (time image shows up on screen from when you see it) lag's a little, and you cant see through glass with IR

Back
Top Bottom