• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Let’s talk Keto

Just think, if you would have started it 3 weeks ago when you posted this, you would probably already be down 10-20 pounds.

Why not start tomorrow?
After Church dinner of fried squash, Mac and cheesecake, fried greasy cold chicken, cole slaw, fried okra, Mac and cheese, Mac and cheese, granny’s cheesecake, granny’s fried apple pie, granny’s red velvet cake, Mac and cheese

After Church dinner of fried squash, Mac and cheesecake, fried greasy cold chicken, cole slaw, fried okra, Mac and cheese, Mac and cheese, granny’s cheesecake, granny’s fried apple pie, granny’s red velvet cake, Mac and cheese

The wife did make some good Mac and cheese today. She put some shrimp in it. That’s how rich folks eat Mac and cheese.

Do you like mac and cheese?

Diet and exercise is the key to weight loss. It doesn't matter what you eat. Caloric intake < less than> caloric output

LOL... you burn more calories sleeping for an hour than by running a marathon. Sure, you can starve your body but that's punishment, not a sustainable diet.

Keto is very, very effective, and it can help you drop a lot of weight very fast. On the flip side. most of us (unlike hunter/gatherers 20,000 years ago) have never been in ketosis for long periods of time.

One diet that worked really well for me was the 'slow carb' diet in Tim Ferris's book "The 4 Hour Body". it wasn't perfect, but I dropped 5lbs a week every week while following it, and since it includes a 'cheat day' once a week, the will-power requirement is a heck of a lot less. Think of it as 'keto 'lite'.

I don't blame my current weight on the diet, but on the fact that it was so effective I decided that I could do 'cheat weekends', and drink all the Bourbon I wanted to and that pizza was OK on days other than cheat day.

The thing to remember (and what he does a great job in explaining) is that food is a drug. Based on what your body takes in, it adapts to. You are what you eat is more than a corny, old time saying. It's literally true.

If you eat things, in even small amounts, that trigger certain biochemical pathways in your digestive system, even tiny amounts will have a huge effect. On the flip side, things like fat and fiber have almost no effect on how your body stores fat and how it reacts to carbs.

I'm about to try keto for a 50lb weight drop, but after that it will be 'slow carb' all the way after that, unless keto really agrees with me after a few months.

It is called "Comfort Food" because it solves all your current problems from outside influences. I do not not work out, but I do 1 "push up" a day and that is from the chair at the dinner table. Limited snacks too.

Now you have heart disease, diabetes, cholesterol and high blood pressure and a vast of other things like a hiattal hernia with ulcers and gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).

Try to be happy with YOU! Hopefully, we are always working on better ourselves.

Best of Luck

Too much lettuce?
IMG_20210116_184915844_HDR.jpg

LOL... you burn more calories sleeping for an hour than by running a marathon. Sure, you can starve your body but that's punishment, not a sustainable diet.

Keto is very, very effective, and it can help you drop a lot of weight very fast. On the flip side. most of us (unlike hunter/gatherers 20,000 years ago) have never been in ketosis for long periods of time.

One diet that worked really well for me was the 'slow carb' diet in Tim Ferris's book "The 4 Hour Body". it wasn't perfect, but I dropped 5lbs a week every week while following it, and since it includes a 'cheat day' once a week, the will-power requirement is a heck of a lot less. Think of it as 'keto 'lite'.

I don't blame my current weight on the diet, but on the fact that it was so effective I decided that I could do 'cheat weekends', and drink all the Bourbon I wanted to and that pizza was OK on days other than cheat day.

The thing to remember (and what he does a great job in explaining) is that food is a drug. Based on what your body takes in, it adapts to. You are what you eat is more than a corny, old time saying. It's literally true.

If you eat things, in even small amounts, that trigger certain biochemical pathways in your digestive system, even tiny amounts will have a huge effect. On the flip side, things like fat and fiber have almost no effect on how your body stores fat and how it reacts to carbs.

I'm about to try keto for a 50lb weight drop, but after that it will be 'slow carb' all the way after that, unless keto really agrees with me after a few months.
Sign me up for all three with a double dose of the last two......

The 4-Hour Body: An Uncommon Guide to Rapid Fat-Loss, Incredible Sex, and Becoming Superhuman [Ferriss, Timothy, McLarty, Zach]

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom