• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

let some gentlemen know i was carrying.

adamk222

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
11   0
Reaction score
today as i left kroger and was loading my groceries into my truck 2 gentlemen aproched me and thay were clearly agitated about something.so i turned to ask if i could help them and thay proceded to inform me that i had just cut them off and that thay would like to "f@#k me up" i tryed to inform them that thay were clearly mistaken as i had been shoping for the last half hour but thay wouldent be quiet long enough for me to present my argument.then thay proceaded to brandish there fist and act as if thay had had enough of "this white boy" trying to talk to them so at that point i told them "fellers if you boath want to fight ill have to eaven things up a little"and lifted my shirt.no i didnt need to pull it as thay turned and retreated but i was wondering if i had pulled it would i be on the side of the law or would i have had to take that ass beating that belonged to someone else?

Last edited:
oh after thay left i got the hell out of there becuse my first thought was that thay may be going to get a gun from there car.

Last edited:
If they were not armed...I'm not sure the law would have been on your side. You got lucky that they retreated...I don't think I would have tipped my hand. But then again...I wasn't there, either - so I can't say exactly what I would have done.

First, I'm not a lawyer, so this is my informed opinion. I don't think you did anything wrong. Not having been there, I don't think I yet have enough information to make a judgment as to when it would have been appropriate (and legal) to pull your weapon. It sounds like yours was the only cool head in the situation...

Not trying to highjack your thread, but to address a pet peeve of mine- these two were not gentlemen; just like the women standing on the corner are not ladies. My wife is a lady, and I always try to be a gentleman.

I think you did the right thing. Their coming at you with groceries in your hand saying you just cut them off in traffic seems like an excuse to engage you in conversation long enough to start trouble.

same hear but the whole ordeal seemed wrong to me the calmer i was and less afraid i acted the angryer thay got.i truly bleave thay just wanted to beet me and rob me and were makeing up a cover story of some kind.
First, I'm not a lawyer, so this is my informed opinion. I don't think you did anything wrong. Not having been there, I don't think I yet have enough information to make a judgment as to when it would have been appropriate (and legal) to pull your weapon. It sounds like yours was the only cool head in the situation...

Not trying to highjack your thread, but to address a pet peeve of mine- these two were not gentlemen; just like the women standing on the corner are not ladies. My wife is a lady, and I always try to be a gentleman.

You know , I probably shouldn't even,comment on this...but the truth is, it depends on how well you can explain your reasons and actions and which jurisdiction it happens in.
Now there will be a dozen..that shouldn't matter and the cops blah, blah , blah...but that is the simple truth.

Now I do need to add that I NEVER, NEVER display a weapon to scare or intimidate....if the authorities don't show and you don't get in trouble, if you don't really have the intent to use it, there is a real possibility you will lose it.(have it taken away and being beaten or shot with it yourself).
When I show a weapon, I have already thought out the consequences, retreated as much as possible and I am fully prepared to inflict lethal harm...that's why the display of a weaon is an absolute LAST RESORT.

Last edited:
My pet peeve, referring to thugs as "gentlemen." At any rate, are you talking about just pulling it out if they advanced on you? Sounds like a reasonable move to avert violence to me. Badger is right though. Best to just keep and use your head, act reasonably to defend, not maliciously, and sort out the law later.

if someone is trying to do you bodily harm, you are justified. What, are you supposed to ask if they are going to murder you? and if they say "no" are you going to let them do you bodily harm anyhow?
you carry to protect yourself from bodily harm, being killed, and to protect your property.

I would not let anyone know I was carrying until I had the weapon drawn. Leaves too much of an opportunity to get jumped

Back
Top Bottom