• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

let some gentlemen know i was carrying.

Well I personally think the intent was correct, but I also think there was few mistakes made. 1..should have positioned his hand on the weapon just in case. 2..I would have wanted to know where they went, what kind of car did they get into etc...3..as someone said earlier, I would have made the call to 911, let the police come out and make a report. All in all, I'm glad no one got injured.

Difficult call to say the least. I might have done what you did if I had no other options. Not going to second guess as it is one of those situations where you had to be there to truly appreciate your predicament. I would have definitely tried to get some vehicle info and call the police. Glad you were not hurt.

To me the most important thing is that you difused the situation and then got on out of there .

There is no one who can say for sure what they would have done in a given situation similar to yours.

There are lots of folks that will say yay or nay , but none can be for sure until they are actually in your shoes.

well said redneck.

IMHO you just went from concealed carry to open carry, and it served it's purpose. The law states that you may not "point your firearm at someone in a threatening manner" and "may not fire a warning shot". ie: do not pull it unless you intend on using lethal force.

If you would not have displayed lethal force and they DID jump you, they could have gotten killed.

IMHO you just went from concealed carry to open carry, and it served it's purpose. The law states that you may not "point your firearm at someone in a threatening manner" and "may not fire a warning shot". ie: do not pull it unless you intend on using lethal force.

If you would not have displayed lethal force and they DID jump you, they could have gotten killed.

I haven't read all 20 pages but when this thread first came up I read at least the first 7-9 pages. I'd have to say of everything I read, this makes the most sense to me!

Back
Top Bottom