Okuma

Space Force Icon Supporter
crocodylus pontifex
Staff member
Administrator
275   0
Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

As many of you have probably noticed, we still have some bugs and technical issues leftover from the upgrade over the summer and I haven't been able to address them on my own. To help with this I've decided to bring on a CTO for the next 6 months to get everything back to 100% and also implement some new features and upgrades to various areas of the site.

The new CTO is our own benmmc benmmc , and he has setup a new Technical Issues and Bugs forum for tracking and diagnosing issues, here's a link: https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/forums/technical-issues-bugs.339/

If you have any issues on the site please post them in there, and you can also vote on other issues if you are experiencing the same thing, that will help us to know how widespread a particular issue is.

Thanks!

Hello all!

As you can see, I’m active on the site and been here pretty much since the beginning. I’ve helped a lot with various technical things over the years.

I love hunting, guns, 4x4’s, and the outdoors in general. I’m excited to get the dang bugs squashed around here!

I have a bug. The stay logged in button is auto-checked on the login screen. Be great to get that removed so when you shut your computer off you log out. It's okay to have it there but I would think an option like that should be checked if you want to have it and left alone if you don't. As opposed to having to uncheck it to not stay logged in
Thanks

I have a bug. The stay logged in button is auto-checked on the login screen. Be great to get that removed so when you shut your computer off you log out. It's okay to have it there but I would think an option like that should be checked if you want to have it and left alone if you don't. As opposed to having to uncheck it to not stay logged in
Thanks
Bear in mind that the underlying purpose of this site, and any business for that matter is not necessarily to please it's customers. A business usually exists to generate revenue for it's owners. The question that I always asked in my work was "what if I do not do anything" after reviewing a complaint. I suspect that the fact that the "stay logged in" box is checked is no accident and perhaps there are both economic and nefarious reasons for it.

Bear in mind that the underlying purpose of this site, and any business for that matter is not necessarily to please it's customers. A business usually exists to generate revenue for it's owners. The question that I always asked in my work was "what if I do not do anything" after reviewing a complaint. I suspect that the fact that the "stay logged in" box is checked is no accident and perhaps there are both economic and nefarious reasons for it.
Nefarious? People just like staying logged in, man. It's not that deep at all.

Thanks

That's not a bug, it's something you don't like. One does not necessarily equal the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom