• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Lets get it on AK vs AR which will you choose?

Ak or AR when the Koreans invade?

• AK 47

Votes: 48 38.4%
  • Ar 15

Votes: 77 61.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The ak-47 delivers a devastating projectile,
The m4 fires a smaller but still effective round, but with shot placement, dead is dead.
Ak-47 has the advantage of being piston operated,
M4s rely on a gas tube which could potentially overheat, but moat soldiers can't mag change fast enough to get the cyclic rate to melt one,
Ak47s run well dry in most environments,
m4s like to be soaking in oil, which leads to problems with dirt Ans powder fouling, but the American soldiers are trained to clean their weapon before they eat, maintenance is a way of life

All in all, ill go with the m4. More o

The ak-47 delivers a devastating projectile,The m4 fires a smaller but still effective round, but with shot placement, dead is dead.Ak-47 has the advantage of being piston operated,M4s rely on a gas tube which could potentially overheat, but moat soldiers can't mag change fast enough to get the cyclic rate to melt one,Ak47s run well dry in most environments,m4s like to be soaking in oil, which leads to problems with dirt Ans powder fouling, but the American soldiers are trained to clean their weapon before they eat, maintenance is a way of lifeAll in all, ill go with the m4. More o
Quit with the melted gas tube crap. We tried to melt one on a M16. We managed to catch the hand guards on fire, but after about 600 rounds that cherry red gas tube was still humming along.

Quit with the melted gas tube crap. We tried to melt one on a M16. We managed to catch the hand guards on fire, but after about 600 rounds that cherry red gas tube was still humming along.
still possible, were you using beta mags or 30 Rounders?
[Broken External Image]:
it "is" possible, but with the cyclic rate of most, combined with the down time during reloads, I don't think you'll ever push one hard enough. With 10 beta mags you could put 1000 rounds down range in just over a minute, how long did you run the m16?

Beta mags. 6 of them. Took almost 3 minutes. You cannot change mags fast enough on a hot m16 to go much faster. That **** was insane hot.

Also, I don't buy that picture. Hand guard is still intact. No way that gas tube melted yet the guards survived. My guess is the tube got obstructed and detonated.

Beta mags. 6 of them. Took almost 3 minutes. You cannot change mags fast enough on a hot m16 to go much faster. That **** was insane hot.

true LOL, most of the ones I have seen have been from the knob creek shoot, probably already worn out from heating and cooling and that's what did it.

ARoutside.jpg

Back
Top Bottom