• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Let's Get Serious and Talk About Some Real Issues

No doubt the past two years have been the hardest, darkest two years of my life.
Trust me sometimes just knowing someone is there can make the difference. I tip my hat and also offer to listen to anyone. I’ve walked the road.

God bless you brother, putting others before ourselves is a quickly dying trait. Sadly we are now living in a "it's about me" society. I have to say that God has richly blessed my wife and me the past two years. We are still somewhat healthy and don't have much to speak of, and we are still trying to live for the Lord even though it's tough at times. One important thing we have learned (the hard way) to do is live as simple a life as possible, and to always be content with what we have. People set their goals way too high nowadays, especially materially, which is why failure to reach them can cause such heartache and troubles. I have to say that the last couple years haven't been any rougher than the past ones, because God has continued to bless us through it all............

God bless you brother, putting others before ourselves is a quickly dying trait. Sadly we are now living in a "it's about me" society. I have to say that God has richly blessed my wife and me the past two years. We are still somewhat healthy and don't have much to speak of, and we are still trying to live for the Lord even though it's tough at times. One important thing we have learned (the hard way) to do is live as simple a life as possible, and to always be content with what we have. People set their goals way too high nowadays, especially materially, which is why failure to reach them can cause such heartache and troubles. I have to say that the last couple years haven't been any rougher than the past ones, because God has continued to bless us through it all............
WOW…
Inspired words right there Brother.
My wife and I, we can say as the Prophet Samuel said, even though they were going thru some very rough time, he said “Thus far the Lord has helped us.”‭‭1 Samuel‬ ‭7:12‬ ‭AMP‬‬. The uncertainty of tomorrow as we’re going thru all these evils actions by the world’s leaders, it is something that makes us to hold on ONLY into God’s Promises.

So many great post here. We can see that our ODT community can make a difference in someone’s hard days. Some are just shy to share their struggles with others. But to all of you Brothers & Sisters, we are just regular folks riding the same boat or same ship. If the ride is getting rough, please share your burdens so we can help. — BDR1 BDR1 , 41mag 41mag , BIKER13 BIKER13 , imawoodsman imawoodsman , bulletslinger101 bulletslinger101 , Bradshaw Bradshaw , John5757 John5757 , Gunanddoglover Gunanddoglover ,and many others, we text each other often — and at least with these folks we keep each other in check and in prayers. — We can make this list bigger! I love emails and texts, because whatever words someone says to me or I say to them, we can read it and meditate on it as many time as we want. — And this was the main inspiration that made people to write letters and books so many years ago, that today we call the collection of those writings “The Bible”.

The past 2 years have been ROUGH. No argument there.
As men a lot of us feel like we can't talk about **** that's bothering us. I'm guilty of that too. That's a stigma we have to break. We have lost the community element that has held our nation together. Men of Character/conviction should help and encourage others.
I know that I'd rather listen to your story/problems than read about your death or attend your funeral.
I know for a lot of my veteran brothers the holidays are the worst. Hit me up if you need to talk or a hang out and I will do my damndest to make it happen.

New Year is here. God only knows what is ahead for us. If any name comes into your mind, and you have the abilities (know their phone numbers) give those persons a call, check how they are doing and if they need anything, maybe a prayer, maybe a ride, maybe a word of comfort or any other thing.

We need to be UNITY, as one Great Nation looking for the good of each other. The FEAR that the Government keeps pumping into the People, won’t have any effect, IF we are UNITY.

as bad as the past 2 years were. be prepared for the next 2 to suck even worse if you don't personally make some changes...
FAITH, FELLOWSHIP, FREEDOM.

Attachments

• 20200426_140305.jpg
    20200426_140305.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 7
Back
Top Bottom