Giveaway!  Lets give back a little

Status
Not open for further replies.

FatBoyOnFire

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
67   1
Reaction score
In light of the holiday season this year, I find myself feeling a sense of obligation to share the joy with the less fortunate. There are so many that wont even begin to ask for anything outside of necessity through the holidays. I would really like to get a few guys together that may be willing to pool some cash to buy gifts (or maybe just a little time to show someone cares) for the children at our local children's hospital(s).
I have never done anything like this before, so if anyone has any experience with this, please feel free to give a little guidance. This is something I really want to do and I don't think there is anything that could give any more joy than making a sick child smile during the holidays!

Last edited:
My Mom was widowed at a young age. ( I was 11 ) I can remember that had it not been for for the local VFW one year Christmas would have been rather bleak. They brought gifts and that year I received a Dick Tracey cap gun.
Its important to give back or play it forward.

I`m in, let me know.

My wife has sponsored a coat drive at her school every year for the last 7 years. Makes you feel good when you can help.

I'm glad all of you are getting involved with helping during the Holidays!! I to Have a project that our chapter of Nam Knights do, every year at this time. Next weekend we are heading down to Milledgeville to the Georgia War Veterans Home..We hold a Christmas Party, handing out gifts and refreshments to honor our Veterans.. Keep up the good work!!

I'll be visiting a couple places over the next week to inquire about how they will allow involvement during the holidays. Thanks to those of you that have offered to be a part of this. I will be in touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom