• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

let's hear your .260 Rem loads

image.jpeg
First set of reloads went great! This was my best group. 85 yards. I didn't have a super solid rest so I think the group will tighten up some when I can get a better shooting platform.
43.5gr H4350 2.800" 123gr SST Remington 9 1/2.

Got too dark to chrono this load but my 42.5gr load averaged 2770 fps

That Tikka will shoot a lot better than that.Might be that 123GR bullet that you are shooting.
For sure it can shoot better. This was my first time reloading for a rifle though and my rest was a piece of styrofoam. I'll get back out there and try again when I have more time

My Tikka CTR is an 8 twist. Shooting 1 inch groups at 500 yards with 140 grain Sierra match king under 42.5 grains of H414. Norma Brass. Cci BR-2 match primers. Tried some Winchester and federal primers but groups really came together after switching to the BR-2
8 Twist is made to stabilize the 140 grain bullet. I use the Sierra Game King and Barnes TTSP for hunting. Sierra close range and Barnes for out west with longer shots.

Last edited:
I still have a lot to learn about doping the wind. One inch groups were under perfect conditions. I ve started trying to figure it out in the last 2 months in 5-10 mph gusts. Getting better but not competition level yet. I do plan to try some day. I don't really know much about the BR-2 and BR-4 primers other than a guy I buy a lot of my reloading stuff from is a 1000 yard competition shooter and he advised to try them. From what I understand they are match primers built for competition shooting. They work great with the h414 and Varget powders for me in 260 and 308. My 45-70 hates them using imr 3031 and went to a Federal 9.5 and it cleaned up to moa at 100.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom