• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Lets see those twins!

I've been trying to find the twin to this here in Atlanta, if you can assist in my search
Twin to This.jpg
please PM me with the address and cost of the fine piece of work.

View attachment 993896

Stainless Wheels...

View attachment 993909

All Stainless 1911's because pistol whipping someone with plastic is so very ridiculous.

View attachment 993922

Kahr collection.

View attachment 993931

Single shot goodness

View attachment 993896

Stainless Wheels...

View attachment 993909

All Stainless 1911's because pistol whipping someone with plastic is so very ridiculous.

View attachment 993922

Kahr collection.

View attachment 993931

Single shot goodness

OMG ! Does this ever bring back memories !
Redhawks, 1911s, and Thompson Centers !

I had an early TC in .44 Magnum, and was shooting during my lunch hour. 2 inch group at 25 yards, although I also did better with it on other days, but this time was special.
I fired a round, and got ready to load another when I noticed the action was already open ?

Hmm? Maybe I popped it without thinking. I fired another round, and same thing ? Damn. Confusion !
A Semi-auto TC ! I never heard of such a thing !

I fired several more rounds before switching to a different gun.
When I got home, I made some phone calls, and T.C. Knew of this problem and told me to ship it in.
I couple of weeks later I got it back, er well I got the barrel back, the rest of it was brand new, and it was faultless from thereon. It was still a tack driver, and I shot several one hole groups at 25 yards.

Yes. Experience is an expensive teacher. The first trigger job I did was on a S&W 629.
Boy was it smooth ! Double Action was perfect. Single action, Sadly it went off, if I softly whispered "Fire". Not Good ! Failure ! But, "We" learn by doing, not by talking.

After that error, I did all my revolvers and 1911s, and all those came out perfect.

I have countless tales of Redhawks, but I will spare you for now, as well as my love for 1911s.

On the last two models, I did tuneups on the triggers, working slowly and testing often, and all mine had triggers as smooth as butter. Yes, I know, if you just keep dry-working, as opposed to dry-firing, the triggers, they do smooth out eventually.
I could not wait, so I sped up the process. All wound up with a trigger pull of between 3 1/2 # to 4 #, all broke like glass.

Yes. Experience is an expensive teacher. The first trigger job I did was on a S&W 629.
Boy was it smooth ! Double Action was perfect. Single action, Sadly it went off, if I softly whispered "Fire". Not Good ! Failure ! But, "We" learn by doing, not by talking.

After that error, I did all my revolvers and 1911s, and all those came out perfect.

I used 1000 Grit Diamond grit sand paper, and judicious use of Jeweler's files. Smooth the sides of the trigger, and sometimes the matching part of the frame, Also, I dry-cycled each several times to show the 'wear points' and then addressed them 'Carefully'. "Once bitten, twice shy" !

Well, you have all heard of, or known, Old Farts that like to ramble.
I'm done for now.

I've been trying to find the twin to this here in Atlanta, if you can assist in my searchView attachment 993990 please PM me with the address and cost of the fine piece of work.
You might be paying by the hour, or quarter-hour for this one my friend! If there's two of them, the price is probably quadrupled!

Back
Top Bottom